Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Just cut tooth, what to do???

Mommyoftwo

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 11:52 pm
DS Just cut first tooth, I see a second one as well, so cranky!! any ideas what I can do to help him? and also save my sanity Help I prefer natural methods, though I'm willing to try some other things too.

momsrus

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 12:00 am
The only natural meathod I know of is shnapps LOL . I would give tylenol.

mumoo

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 12:08 am
I thought once it comes through the worst of it is over.

smiley:)

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 12:18 am
It shouldnt hurt anymore once the tooth is cut through.

Mommyoftwo

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 1:45 am
it's just the tip that came through, so maybe as the rest comes out it's bithering him too??? actually, he has another tooth coming out, and thats what bothering him. but today and yesterday he's been xtra cranky Sad

mumoo

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 2:09 am
how about a sturdy chewing toy? those ones with liquid that you put in the fridge, not freezer, worked for my children. or any toy that offers some resistance feels good to bite on
tylenol, but only as a last resort, like at bedtime and they are unable to sleep

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 6:23 am
all that works for mine is infants' motrin. I give her twice a day (usually before bed) when she's crazy...

Mommyoftwo

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 11:31 pm
I gave him tylenol, and he's still absolutely hysterical! I dont know what to do! Crying

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 12:15 am
hysterical sounds like overtired, especially if teething has kept him up. teething rarely produces hysteria on its own
also babies sense a mommy's tension.

warm blanket, dark room, rocking chair. firm hold, soft crooning- calm yourself first.

Mommyoftwo

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 1:03 am
thanks, part of the problem was trying to get him to calm down. b"h he's sleeping now., it also took time for the tylenol to take affect. I hope tommorrow will be better! and I hope his other teeth arent any worse Black Eye

Helani

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 7:41 am
Wet a washcloth, squeeze it out until it's damp but not soaking, and freeze it. Then give it to him to chew on. It provided some relief to my babies when they were teething. And just remember, it will be over soon enough.

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 9:17 am
Mommyoftwo wrote:
thanks, part of the problem was trying to get him to calm down. b"h he's sleeping now., it also took time for the tylenol to take affect. I hope tommorrow will be better! and I hope his other teeth arent any worse Black Eye

glad I could help. sounds like you did a great job. sorry I wasn't there or I'd have taken that yummy baby myself for a while - mommies need to unwind sometimes too

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 2:14 pm
if u dont mind the mess, let him suck on an ice cube

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 5:11 pm
I know this is probably really obvious, but I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you have to hold the ice cube for him. It is possible to choke on an ice cube ch'vs

Mommyoftwo

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 11:34 pm
actually, I've done the ice cube and it worked pretty well, I forgot about that. I'll have to try it again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics