Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I need an OBGYN in monsey
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 9:30 am
ok so I just peed on a stick and it was positive thats the good news the bad news is my doc dilivers in staten island (I hanvt been living in mosney long) and I need a good doc...thank god no problems with previous pregnancies but I dont want an ok doc I want a good one...anyone know of any?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:13 am
the 2 ob's I hear about the most frm monsey are dr laurie solomon, or dr yakov abdelhak in nanuet if you are more high risk (he delivers in hackensack).

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:15 am
do u have numbers? r they great? Confused im not high risk but every birth in a way is......

momtoesty

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 11:19 am
Dr. Abdelhak is AMAZING - his number is 845-624-1540.
He's a high risk Dr. though.

ilovestrollers

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 11:28 am
I've heard Dr. Abdelhak is great but he doesn't take insurance, only if you have out of network coverage. I live in Monsey, and I am looking for a high risk ob that takes insurance, in or near Monsey, does anyone know of any?

To the OP, I've used comprehensive Obgyn, Dr. Stavis's group for two pregnancies, and I was pretty happy with them. I think I want to try high risk for next time, but I am not sure. They were really great even with my high risk diabetic pregnancy.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 12:15 pm
smiles81 do u have there number?

ilovestrollers

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 12:56 pm
yes, it is 845 362-5900

momluv

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 1:03 pm
yeah, the stavis group is great. I used them for the beginning of my first preganancy and my sister used them for her first child. she was really happy with them.

peach

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 1:28 pm
I have friends that used Dr. Laurie Solomon, and they loved her.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 3:28 pm
peach do u have the numb?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 3:29 pm
unfortunately I have medicade and the stavis group doesnt take it...oh well the search continuess....

peach

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
peach do u have the numb?

I just found in online- 845-357-8884.

You can also call ECHO for recommendations. Its free and they are very knowledgable and can tell you over the phone which drs are good. Their number is 845-425-9750.

Hatzlacha

MMEC123

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 5:54 pm
I used a practice- Tallman OBGYN and really liked all the doctors there (4- 2 male, 2 female). Their number is 845-357-5333. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I have a friend that used Dr. Solomon and likes her a lot too.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 6:29 pm
thank you everyone ill make the calls tommorow...im only 4 weeks along (I think) really everyone tnx! only simchas! Very Happy

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 9:51 pm
Refuah Health Center of New Square, which is very close to Monsey,has an excellent team of 4 obgyn's.

peace

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:00 pm
Another place that is also really great is Ramapo OBGYN. they're in Pomona. The number is 845-354-1113. Good Luck!!!

nature

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:06 pm
I don't know if you are interested in peruing the midwife path, I would not have if I hadn't heard such great reports about her in particular. anyway here is her name and no:
Devorah bloch, from Midwifery Care of Monsey.
845 356 3545
she's not too mushy and earthy, but very warm and personable.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 11:04 pm
Dr. Solomon was my OB for my first child. I was not happy with her. Depends on what you're looking for. I liked that she was an unpretentious, down-to-earth person. However, before coming to Monsey she worked with low-income minority women with the whole spectrum of abuse issues, HIV, drug use, and all that. I feel like she got used to talking all the time to her patients as if she were the expert and they were these dropouts who just had to shut up and listen and follow her instructions. I am well-educated and informed, and found that she did not take it well when I would tell her I didn't want certain things done that are standard procedure. I know I probably sound like I was an annoying wacko for her to deal with, but honestly I am not. I'm just a normal middle-class woman. You know how we get all excited and like to read all these "What to Expect When You're Expecting" books and take all those labor prep classes. Wink Anyway, she would get really short and impatient with me.

There's also the issue of my unnecessary C-section. Exploding anger

Bottom line? If you're the type who likes to be told what to do, go for it. Otherwise, avoid her.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:14 pm
I called all the suggestions everyone gave and then sum for sum odd reason noone likes my insurance and I cant change im locked in for 12 months...sooooo with that said I called echo they gave me a few options and I made an appointment with Ramapo OBGYN I believe so if I like the way they work ill cont...otherwise my search will go on (bh im early enough that I can do taht....) thanx everyone!

peace

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 12:44 am
good luck with that. if its Ramapo OBGYN in Pomona, I have had very good experienes with them. they're a group of 5 drs, 3 males and 2 females. All of them are amazing!!! I have only amazing things to say about them. please let me know how your experience was.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics