Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Allergies?

Seraph

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:04 am
If my baby has been having a constant runny nose for the past few months, even with medicine on and off... do you think it may be caused by allergies and I should therefore try an elimination diet?
I know dairy can be causing runny noses, but I'm really not a big dairy eater... In fact, I rarely ever have milk...
So what do you suggest I start with in the elimination diet?

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:07 am
He's such a little guy (and a cute little one, at that) that I wouldn't test out anything without getting advice from a pediatrician. You don't need (or want) to dramatically alter your diet unless it's necessary, and unless you do it in a sensible way. Is it possible it's something with his adenoids?

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 10:20 am
An allergic reaction is something that comes and goes. So he would seem fine one minute and then all of a sudden his eyes would start tearing and his nose start running and then a few hours later it would be gone. And then it would start again. But if he has a constant runny nose then its probably something else.
Unless its allergies to like dust or mold or something like that..

Bored

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 12:06 pm
I disagree with Only1. My son had a cough for a few months, when I got off the allergen, it completely stopped!

peach

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 2:24 pm
only1 wrote:
An allergic reaction is something that comes and goes. So he would seem fine one minute and then all of a sudden his eyes would start tearing and his nose start running and then a few hours later it would be gone. And then it would start again. But if he has a constant runny nose then its probably something else.

Not necessarily. Many times the symptoms can be more chronic.

The most common is dairy. If you're even having a little, that can do it. Eggs are also known to be allergenic.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 3:04 pm
to bored:
my son also has a mucousy kinda cough I will be going to the allergist next week, can you tell me what the allergen was?

Seraph

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 3:31 am
Why was my thread moved?
Bec its possible its not allergies.
Its possible just someone who is knowledgeable about infants would help me. Or maybe the nursing forum bec its about breastmilk and elimination diets re breastfeeding...
I never check or write in the allergies forum, I would appreciate it if my thread was moved back to the parenting; infants forum.
Thank you very much.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 4:34 am
For me, whenever I had dairy ( I was nursing, I'm assuming your ds is not eating any food yet) my ds with scream. I cut it out for a few months, went back to it gradually and he was fine. But for me, a runny nose doesn't sound like allergies.

Bored

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 8:27 am
We knew my son was allergic to dairy, this was to chocolate. We are currently trying to figure out his next allergy. He had a rash for a week everytime he nursed it got worse. I know what food was the trigger, have to figure out what in it did it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics