Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you own a label-maker?

lotte

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 9:40 am
I want to get one.
I think it can really organize the house & office.
Do you have one-what brand is it & are you happy with it?TIA>

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 10:03 am
I bought one but it's an expewnsive thing to have, plus the supplies are outrageous. In the end I returned it and just use stickers that I write on, by hand.

You can print them on the computer, too.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 10:17 am
I have a label maker. It's a Brother p-touch. It's easy to use and it makes nice labels for organization stuff. I've had it for years and it has held up well. But, I don't use it that much. It's uses are limited but it does the job

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 10:22 am
yes ... from in the past ... but I never use it ... What

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 10:28 am
I have a brother labeler. got it on sale. it works well and was very useful when moving (whenever we hand-label the boxes we end up not being able to read them). I also use it to organize my kids' bins in the changing table. babysitters never have to ask where diapers, changes of clothing, etc are.

madys

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 6:37 pm
My husband is super organized, and I bought him one for father's day - it's a brother - and I got it on sale at staples - the only problem with it, is that the replacement tape is super expensive. You might want to check into that before you buy one.

louche

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:39 am
I had a Dennison manual one, where you have to spin the dial letter by letter and squeeze after each one. A pain in the neck—make that the wrist. Labels look nice and you can theoretically color-code by using diff-colored tape. BUT—you can do the same thing a whole lot faster and cheaper by using colored paper and clear tape. Plus, with paper you can make labels as big as you like. The teeny plastic labels are OK if you’re not nearsighted and for little things like spice jars, but for things stacked in closets or anything you want to see from a distance—nice big paper labels are my choice. You can buy all kinds of Avery-type labels if you like having everything the same size and shape, plus Avery labels can go in your printer and you can print out whatever you like, nice and neat.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:50 am
The brother tape is expensive but when I bought it years ago, I got one white one free with the machine and I bought a clear one. I still have both, so I don't know how long they last...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics