Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO lemon bundt cake
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

im here!

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:47 pm
Ok. I usually flip the cake onto a towel as soon as I take it out of the oven & leave it like that (with the pan ontop) till it cools.

jewels

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:50 pm
ooh. I always let it cool before flipping - in this case you don't flip right away to give the glaze time to soak in

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 6:35 pm
looks so yummy - is this a dense cake or light and fluffy?

mom2be1

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:09 pm
I found it to be a bit more densse than any other pound cake because it has the sticky syrup running through...it's sooo good!!

elf123

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:47 pm
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
looks so yummy - is this a dense cake or light and fluffy?

I make tons of bundt cakes, and I would never describe them as "light and fluffy." They are always dense (and moist), I guess b/c of the shape of the pan.

Dandelion1

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:04 pm
Just made it! The cake part came out amazing, but I think my glaze was a bit too tart. Also, it wasn't so much a glaze as a liquid.... Anyone have any glazing tips...?

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:25 pm
candyheart wrote:
Just made it! The cake part came out amazing, but I think my glaze was a bit too tart. Also, it wasn't so much a glaze as a liquid.... Anyone have any glazing tips...?
That's the way it's supposed to be. Tart and liquidy.
If you want to make a basic sweet glaze, use confectioner's sugar and little drops of half water half lemon juice. Add drops of liquid until you get a spreadable glaze.

Dandelion1

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
candyheart wrote:
That's the way it's supposed to be. Tart and liquidy.
If you want to make a basic sweet glaze, use confectioner's sugar and little drops of half water half lemon juice. Add drops of liquid until you get a spreadable glaze.

Thank you, ra_mom Smile . We are really enjoying the cake (I don't think there'll be much left for shabbos lol) but I was wondering if I got it right. Maybe I will try to sweeten it up slightly next time.

chmom

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 8:09 pm
Delicious!! This is a new family favourite

AZmom09

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 9:31 am
I think I read this thread at least 10 times, but never actually made it. Well, I finally made it today. In a 9x13 pan and yum it is so good. The cake itself isnt strong lemon flavor, just tastes like a normal white cake, the glaze really makes it lemony.
Really good, especially when im a "white cake" mood Smile
Thanks!

gp2.0

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 9:34 pm
This sounds so yummy. I've been searching for a good lemon bundt cake and the syrup poured throughout the whole cake sounds intriguing.

muss

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 4:07 pm
can I make it in a regular 9 * 13 pan. I don't have a bundt pan. anything different I should do?

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 11 2012, 4:20 pm
Sure. You can use a 9x13 and just follow the recipe

gp2.0

Post Sat, May 12 2012, 11:46 pm
So I made this cake for shabbos and it was SO YUM. My DD and DH loved it too. I've been searching for a heavy, tart lemon cake like this for a while.

I used half a cup of splenda in the cake. Next time I would use splenda for the whole thing, because there's that 1.5 cups of confectioner's sugar too which adds up to way too many calories...that's like 3 cups of sugar for the whole cake, if I remember correctly.

So anyway, problem: half the cake stuck to the pan and I peeled it off, happily in one piece, and reconstructed the cake. I wonder if it stuck because the lemon glaze that I poured all over the cake made it stick, or if I didn't wait long enough for it to cool? How long do you all usually wait for this cake to cool in a bundt pan? I haven't had any other of my bundt cakes stick which is why I think the glaze was the culprit.

Thanks for the tip about the straw, I used one too. And I used lemon zest instead of extract. And I squeezed fresh oranges and lemons. So yum.

Next time I would also half the glaze recipe and pour the whole thing over the holey cake, and then make another, thicker glaze for pouring on top of the cake. (Prettier, especially when half the cake sticks to the pan. Wink )

mol

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 3:04 am
is it just me who didnt like this cake?? I was so excited to make it cuz everyone said its soo good but to me it tasted like melted lemon ices, the lemon flavor tasted so fake to me Sad maybe I just didnt use a good lemon extract...o well

a1mom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 9:22 pm
made this for after the fast- one rose bundt and 6 cupcakes- was super yummy and light!

gp2.0

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 11:27 pm
I made it for after the fast too! So yum.

This time I greased AND floured the pan (must have missed the flouring part last time) and the cake didn't stick to the pan at all.

I also improvised quite a bit this time because I was missing a few ingredients and it came out delicious anyway. I used a cup of splenda in the cake, grapefruit juice instead of orange juice, and extra lemon juice instead of zest.

And I made a thicker glaze for pouring on top but didn't make it thick enough so it all ran off anyway.

I definitely wouldn't call it light, though. Mine is heavy, moist, rich and such a great, strong combo of sweet/sour. Think I'll go nibble another slice...

imamiri

Post Sun, Aug 19 2012, 12:59 pm
Love this. I added a cup and a half of fresh blueberries. Make sure you coat them in flour so they do not sink to the bottom.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 11:00 am
Gonna dust off this awesome recipe for sukkos...

checkbefore

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:34 pm
There is an amazing recipe for a triple citrus bundt cake in the new cookbook Something Sweet. It tastes like a burst of sunshine!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins