Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
ASE LECHA RAV (make for yourself a RAV)

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 12:52 pm
not sure where to put this cause having a rav falls into all categories but here goes: my husband is a bt and we dont have a rav. he is looking for someone who not only knows about taharas hamisphacha but also can be a mashpia. how does one go about doing that? many posts that ive read suggest speaking to a rav/mashpia...we are very frum and been married for many yers yet still never found that one rav/mashpia that can direct us. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

technic

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 1:50 pm
sorry I cant help w this BUT 4 anyone who can, it might b helpful if u can give some idea of where u r (geographically) Smile

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 1:31 pm
What about one of the Rabbis that taught him at his Yeshiva, if he is still in touch with any of them.

Besides the Rav of your community to answer shailos, one may have a different person as Rav/Mashpia, does not have to be one and the same person.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 1:41 pm
that's true. you may have one rov who you as Taharas HaMish shailos, but if he has a rov from yeshiva that he feels more comfortable with -- or if you have one from school/sem -- you can call him. This person doesn't even have to be in your community.
Also, you can ask a friend what rov she uses

amother

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 1:52 pm
we have a rav for TH questions but we're looking for somoene who can be my husbands mashpia. He feels like he needs soemone that can direct him (more for hashkafa..since he's a bt)

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 11:30 pm
Does your husband attend any shiurim, many of the inspiring mashpiim have usually been "discovered" by shiurim organizers. A list of shiurim in your community could give you many "names" to choose from.

Too much time could go by without a Mashpia, because we are looking for the perfect one. Better to ask someone sooner rather than later. If later on, one happens to conclude that they need to change their Mashpia, it is okay. What's not okay is not to have one .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics