Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Is Granada Hills, CA. an unsafe area?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 9:32 am
My son goes to school at JETS in Granada Hills, CA. The Hanhala claims there are gangs around and does not let the boys (high school age and older) go out alone even daytime. They have to go out with at least one other person. Are there really Mexican gangs there? Is the neighborhood there really bad? Anyone familiar??

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 10:15 am
Interesting, my son is also there and thats the first I have heard of this!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 10:59 am
DH says it's lower income relative to nearby Northridge and the areas in the south end of the Valley (Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, etc.) but that there is still a high concentration of whites, this was the first he's heard of Mexican gangs there. But the Granada Hills neighborhood is also near some other areas that aren't so nice with larger minority populations.

It's possible that the administration is nervous about Orthodox teenage boys walking around and possible being approached for being different. While I wouldn't worry that the area is that bad, I would still make sure your son listens to the school's advice, it can't hurt.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 10:59 am
OP here, maybe some Californian knows. Is this your son's first year??

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:35 am
im second amother and yes, its his first year there. BH hes doing well. How is your son finding it?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:46 am
Original OP here. Were our sons in Ottawa together last year? If so we know each other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics