Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I'm always interrupting everyone mid-sentence

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 10:18 am
I'm quite well mannered, but I'm impatient to get my thoughts across. Some people just go on and on and don't get to the point, or when I ask them a question, give me an answer that is way off my question. Am I unusual? Should I just bite my tongue and stay silent until the person I am talking to is through?

Is interrupting others mid-sentence ever excusable?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 10:21 am
you can always talk to the mirror ... What

or learn to be patient and listen

louche

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:20 am
amother wrote:

Is interrupting others mid-sentence ever excusable?

Only to shout "FIRE!"

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:57 pm
I interrupt ppl too in mid sentence. I know about my problem, and I apologize before and after I do it. I have a terrible memory, and when I have something to say, I have to say it, otherwise I forget and have that horrible feeling of knowing I wanted to say something, and cant remember for the life of me what it was. I am not saying this justifies being rude, but I do it in the nicest way possible and always excuse myself!! embarrassed

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:
I'm quite well mannered, but I'm impatient to get my thoughts across. Some
Sorry, but is anybody in Manhattan? I'm wondering if it's raining. Now, what were you saying?
amother wrote:
people just go on and on and don't get to the point, or when I ask them a question, give me an answer that is way off my question. Am I
Sorry, but I just want to ask someone really quickly -- can I substitute cider vinegar for wine vinegar in my dressing? No answers. Anyway, what were you saying, amother?
amother wrote:
unusual? Should I just bite my tongue
Sorry once again, but I just remembered I have to run out and make a bank deposit. We'll finish this later. Call me!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:50 pm
Rolling Laughter

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:56 pm
Oh clarrissa, you're funny! Rolling Laughter

Are you back from the bank yet?

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 2:51 pm
Oh dear, some people don't let you get an word in edge wise. I was speaking to someone the other day and she is quite the yapper and kept finishing my sentences for me (though not always accurately) and I couldn't get to the point of my phone call so yeah I had to cut her off a few times otherwise I would never have been able to ask the question I needed to ask and get the answer I needed. What

sometimes you just don't have a choice.

oh yeah and I just remembered, I never did finish off what I wanted to discuss with her.

Earnest

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 7:58 pm
It sounds like 2 ADHD's mis-comunicating (sp). The first ADHDer keeps circling the subject, somehow missing the point, and the second ADHD'er is an inpulsive interrupter (me, too!) At least the second person has some awareness of the niceities of manners. Wouldn't it make a funny skit, a bunch of drei-kups (oops, sorry, ADHD-ers) talking around in circles? By the way, there is a funny skit (in Hebrew, cleverly written) about a support group of phobic people who keep setting each other up to panic. It's on youtube under 'scarey therapy group". LOL

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:59 pm
I have the same problem embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette