Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Anyone have any ideas for Midwinter Vacation

tovasmom

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 2:10 pm
my early teen dd is off for midwinter vacation at the end of the week. I promised her that I would take a day off from work, I figure Thursday, and do something with her. I told her we could go to Manhattan. I do not intend to take her shopping or do anything else that will break the bank. She would love the shopping, I would not -- her taste is not in the budget right now. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should take her. She is an artist in her own right (I am not in the least artistically inclined and am not ashamed to say I do not understand most of it) and I was thinking museum??? But which one??? HELP!!!

imokay

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 5:23 pm
cant help u on the museum front, but a fun thing in manhattan I did once (and want to do again) is to go to this place called "make" (formerly our name is mudd) (www.makemeaning.com)
u walk in, pick the pieces u want to paint, sit down and paint, and then they glaze and finish it- my dh and I did it on a date- we had a fun time, it was relaxing, we were able to talk... and then we went for lunch.
have fun together...

Cdlf

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 6:52 am
They have such places in Brooklyn. The Painted Pot in the Century 21 area and Dough Dishes on 16th and 39th. It's great for all ages. I find it hard to find a place to go on mid winter or Chanukah vacation or Chol Hamoed that my teenagers and my 6 and 7 year olds enjoy and I can take a baby. Any good ideas? Places like Great Adventures or Dorney always work but I'd love something a little more educational or nature oriented.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics