Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Visiting BP
1  2  Next

SleepingBeauty

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 9:52 am
we're gonna be in bp for 2-3 weeks. wanna know where the good food places are for bkfst and dinner, both cheap and upclass.
what could we DO there?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 10:14 am
Just a walk on 13th avenue is fun!

Bzgirl

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 4:15 pm
Quote:
we're gonna be in bp for 2-3 weeks. wanna know where the good food places are for bkfst and dinner, both cheap and upclass

breakfast you'll love doughnutman or amnons for cheap and for upscale try spoons, plaza dining and orchidea

dinner: china glatt, glatt a la carte, upscale or kosher delight and big fleishigs for cheap.

about what to do in boro park?! I suppose you can go shopping and dining and if age appropriate you can take your kids to Kids n Action, plaster gallery or bowling!

Would you travel into the city for entertainment? if so you can enjoy ice skating and batting cages at chelsea piers...
basically bp is city life where we work and kids go to school....so if you get bored you can come help me lol

Fox

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 5:26 pm
Hi, Funmom --

You didn't say how old your kids are or whether you'll have access to a car, but here are a few suggestions:

Living Torah Museum (http://www.torahmuseum.com)
Hatzaloh Tours (Depending on the branch; I don't think they do this for individual families, but we were once able to join a school group that was scheduled).
Older kids will enjoy volunteering at Tomche Shabbos or similar organizations.
Go for a cooking demonstration or class at the Peppermill on 16th Avenue.
Jewish Children's Museum in CH (http://www.jcm.museum/)
Brooklyn Botanic Garden

My kids love various ethnic neighborhoods, so when I need a cheap trip, I often take them to the local Chinatown or immigrant Greek, Jamaican, or African neighborhoods. Obviously, you have to make sure you're going into a safe area, but I've never had a problem. Some of the neighborhoods even have a chamber of commerce that will give you a tour and teach the kids to say "hello" in the prevalent language. I usually give my kids a few dollars each, and they can find imported trinkets characteristic of the neighborhood. If I'm really on my game, I can usually force them to learn a little geography, too.

BP MOM

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 7:23 pm
For Breakfast or brunch I would recommend Cafe K, it's on 18th avenue on east 3rd.
They serve breakfast till 12 oclock for about 6 or 7 dollars.
You come out feeling really full.
You can either have any style eggs and salad with fresh toasted bread or you can have delicious pancakes.
And you get a coffee or orange juice with that as well.

Nice place and great food!

benny

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 7:54 pm
Will you have a car? If yes, Flatbush has alot of great cafes. (And restaurants) I'll list a bunch if you write you will have a car. Have fun!

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 9:21 pm
BP MOM wrote:
For Breakfast or brunch I would recommend Cafe K, it's on 18th avenue on east 3rd.
They serve breakfast till 12 oclock for about 6 or 7 dollars.
You come out feeling really full.
You can either have any style eggs and salad with fresh toasted bread or you can have delicious pancakes.
And you get a coffee or orange juice with that as well.

Nice place and great food!

BP MOM, do you know if they have this breakfast special on Sunday?

SleepingBeauty

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 9:31 am
Thankx for all the info. sounds gooood, can't wait!
No kids to entertain and we will have a car.
Other than Glatt .. carte and China Glatt anything else for fleishigs?
Flatbush sounds nice too.
How about Manhattan, what's really good there? I'm not particular about price range, but I like having a choice of both $ and $$$$ just to suit my mood. We've been to Prime Grill, Circa and La Crepe, they were great. anything else good?

SleepingBeauty

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 9:33 am
One more thing. last I was there we went to Estihana, that was fantastic! are they still around, where are they located?

BP MOM

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 9:45 am
Green Eyes - I'm pretty sure the breakfast special is on sunday's too.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 9:58 am
funmom wrote:
One more thing. last I was there we went to Estihana, that was fantastic! are they still around, where are they located?

estihana is on J and east 13, I think.
u can go to greatkoshermagazine.com or google it, and u put in the area u wanna eat in, and they show u many nice places, with reviews....

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 10:58 am
About 5 years ago I went to Kiddi Chic on 13th ave. I was there at sale time and got some lovely stuff for really good prices. Is it still there? Are the sales on now?

(sorry to hijack, funmom!)

benny

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:11 am
Flatbush there are 2 great restaurants that are pretty new. Tea for 2 Steakhouse (marine park area), and Palace- I think Nostrand and L.

I love Manhattan. You can try Le Carnie, Abigails, Solo. All great really nice places.

Cafe Hadar in Flatbush is a GREAT cafe for Dairy. There are couches, pillows, great food... fun place.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:27 am
Where in Flatbush is Cafe Hadar? Never heard of it.

SleepingBeauty

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:36 am
benny wrote:
Flatbush there are 2 great restaurants that are pretty new. Tea for 2 Steakhouse (marine park area), and Palace- I think Nostrand and L.

I love Manhattan. You can try Le Carnie, Abigails, Solo. All great really nice places.

Cafe Hadar in Flatbush is a GREAT cafe for Dairy. There are couches, pillows, great food... fun place.

In what $ range are all of these. I like to know b4 we go...thanx

cindy324

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:43 am
mummy-bh, Kiddie chic has closed down Sad I also used to find cute stuff there!

Cafe Hadar is in Marine Park, around Ave N and 37 st. maybe, right near Flatbush ave.

Tea for 2 opened up a steakhouse?? I had no idea.

Quote:

In what $ range are all of these. I like to know b4 we go...thanx

Abigaels and Le Carne Grill are pretty upscale, averaging about $75 and up per person , IF you order a soup or appetizer, plus main and dessert.
Solo will run you a bit more than that, it's just like Prime Grill.

bluesclues

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:46 am
cafe hadar is on n bet e 29 and nostrand

BP MOM

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 3:32 pm
The owner of Tea for 2 opened a steakhouse called FUSION.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 10:25 am
How was your experience at Fusion? I've heard mixed reviews. I love Corner Cafe for breakfast, lunch or early light inexpensive dinner. Also has a kid menu. www.my-cornercafe.com

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 10:31 am
corner cafe is very reasonable priced (I'd call it cheap) they have excellent breakfast and lunch choices.

Solo in manhattan I would say is very overpriced and we enjoy prime grill le merais but solo was just extremely to insane and had limited choices.

Fusion steakhouse - (tea for two fleshig) was horrible we did not enjoy it way overpriced for the quality of food and service was horrible. someone just decided to serve regular food and charge to much $$$ for it Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries