Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to get dd to and from preschool????

Nicole

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 1:10 pm
I'm at my wits end. HOW IS IT DONE? I have two issues:

1)
If I have to be at work at 8 am, and I don't finish until 4 pm, how am I suppossed to get dd to and from preschool if I should decide to send her? carpooling may be difficult- I'll need to find someone who will have room for an extra carseat.

What do you all do?

2)
Also, I have a toddler (dd) and a newborn (ds). Until now, a babysitter (Judy) was watching dd in our home. Lately, I'm not sure she's able to handle dd who's b'h an active toddler. In addition, it doesn't seem that dd is too fond of Judy- she cries when she sees her whearas when I bring her to a different babysitter/playgroup, she goes happily.
I'm a little confused about how to arrange babysitting when I go back to work. (in 2 wks)
I was thinking that Judy will cont to come to watch ds and I'll drop dd off at second babysitter/playgroup on my way to work (7:30 am). Judy will pick up dd at noon, nap her at home, and then it won't be too much longer before I"M back- so she won't have to do too much dd watching.
But is that crazy? Then I'll be essentially paying 2 babysitters- and if I would just drop them both off at babysitter #2- it would cost the equivilent of Judy watching ONE kid at home. (she wants more for watching 2 during the hours dd is there)

CONFUSED.... Confused

timeout

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:39 pm
When I worked Full time it was a mad dash every morning to get my son to the sitter and another mad dash to pick him up on the way home.

It definitely was hard and stressfull I don't miss it at all. Alot of the playgroups have pickup and drop off have u looked into that?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:56 pm
Depending on the kid and the school and the year, I either paid for the bus to come to my door or I walked to another, earlier bus stop. or the babysitter put the kids/s on the bus, and vice versa in the pm, they either came to work, the babysittr, or I met them at home.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:57 pm
Nicole - I saw some people in the neighborhood asking about high school kids for pick up and drop off..

stem

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 3:36 pm
The fact that your dd cries when she sees Judy would be a huge red flag for me. I would drop her completely and go with another option.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 5:07 pm
its very important for kids to be happy. more important then money and anything else in the world. each kid is after all a whole world. I wouldnt put my child in a sitch where they werent happy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics