Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleeping

lst

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:07 am
To me this sounds like a lot, but for all I know its normal:

my baby (almost 4 months) goes to sleep at around midnight/12:15. she wakes up at about 5:30 or 6 to eat and then goes back to sleep. she had been waking up at 10 but now she started sleeping much later. yesterday I woke her up at 12:15 in the afternoon=she could have slept longer/. and then she'll take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon-is this too much or normal?

LuckyMum

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:35 am
I dunno whats considered normal, but my baby - 4 months - sleeps usualy from midnight to about 7, eats and goes back to sleep till about12. He also goes back to sleep from 4/5 to seven. & will usualy nap again for like an hour between seven and bedtime - 12.

GetReal

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 2:20 am
My baby is almost four months and I have been thinking it's funny that he has such a "teenager" schedule - going to sleep around 12 and then sleeping so late in the morning. Good to hear he's not the only one! (although I think something's wrong w/ him tonight, he's been screaming for hours Sad)

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 4:20 am
Don't complain! As long as they're wetting their diapers its ok.
my 4.5 mth old falls asleep between 8 and 9. I wake her up for a feed at 11/12ish (when I go to bed) she goes back to sleep until 5/6 ish adn sleeps until 8, eating once or twice more in that time. adn after being up for an hour or two goes back to sleep for another hour or two.
so I guess its normal. and I'm gratefull for a full night's sleep.

smiley:)

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 4:29 am
My 8 month sleeps old sleeps nowhere as long as your babies!

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 5:28 am
smiley:) wrote:

my son never slept through the night till he was a year old. I realize alot of it has to do with the kid, and little or nothing to do with the parents.

smiley:)

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 6:11 am
PinkandYellow wrote:
smiley:) wrote:

my son never slept through the night till he was a year old. I realize alot of it has to do with the kid, and little or nothing to do with the parents.

Forget the night. Through an hour would be nice!!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 6:32 am
(Smiley, I'm with you. And my son is 12.5 months! Don't ask.)

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:10 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
(Smiley, I'm with you. And my son is 12.5 months! Don't ask.)

I third that, but my son is 6 years old :-). It so depends on the individual child.

but I am just wondering how old is your baby? For a newborn, the baby should be nursing a lot more frequently...it very much depends on the age.

You need to make sure the baby is very awake when awake, and not fussy, crying all the time. The baby s hould be having lots of wet AND DIRTY diapers and should be growing and hitting milestones appropriately. If any of those things are not the case, then you need to make sure that he is eating enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics