Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Green kallah wedding dress
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Purplehair

Post Tue, Jan 29 2008, 9:01 pm
justanothermother wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have never heard that word before in my life.

Thank you too!
(I had never heard it before either)

Purplehair

Post Tue, Jan 29 2008, 9:05 pm
gigi wrote:
By the way..
there really is nothing wrong with a green wedding dress!
here are some examples to prove it to you..

light green....

I happen to really like this one, but it doesn't look green to me. More cream than green, in my opinion.
The other two are just "too green" for my tastes (the only green that I would personally look good in would probably be Hunter Green, and I would be too traditionally minded to wear it as a wedding dress)

middy

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 11:32 am
This post is too funny for words. Why would anyone care less what someone else wears to their own wedding?

chavs

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:50 pm
Gigi, the first and the last dresses are really pretty, I wouldn't unnecessarily choose them for my wedding, but they are really pretty.

Purplehair

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:57 pm
The last one has me thinking that she spilled coffee down the front (lower portion) of her dress.
The style is nice, maybe a different color? Wink

grin

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 12:16 am
Some of the sources for the custom of a bride wearing white can be found in the following works:
The Code of Jewish Law: Orach Chaim, Hilchos Kiddushim (laws of marriage), Siman 21
Kol Bo, Siman 71
Shulchan Ha'ezer, Vol. 2, page 27.

just to let everyone know we're not adopting a non jewish custom.

cassandra

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 11:00 am
rg wrote:
Some of the sources for the custom of a bride wearing white can be found in the following works:
The Code of Jewish Law: Orach Chaim, Hilchos Kiddushim (laws of marriage), Siman 21
Kol Bo, Siman 71
Shulchan Ha'ezer, Vol. 2, page 27.

just to let everyone know we're not adopting a non jewish custom.

I'm not really sure what any of this proves. Hilchos Kiddushiin is in Even ha-Ezer, and there is no Siman 21, Siman 21 is in Hilchos Ishus and talks about yichud.

The Kolbo Siman 71 discusses hilchos sukka, and no mention of white dresses.

I haven't yet tracked down ethe Shulchan ha-Ezer, but I don't believe it is an early enough source to prove the point.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 11:45 am
gigi wrote:
By the way..
there really is nothing wrong with a green wedding dress!
here are some examples to prove it to you..

light green....

first one is quite romantic - not so green tho
ya think I can pull this one off ... 8)

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 8:09 am
OP here.
I lost track of this thread a LOOOOOONG time ago but as I suspected it will end up being a regular wedding dress. The kallah and mother of the kallah really wanted green. Then the chasson's family gave in on their side a bit.... not to have mixed seating. So the kallah's side felt they had to give in on this. Kallah and mom are disappointed. It means she'll have to wear makeup which she didnt want. LOL. And I am related to them all somehow!!!!

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
It means she'll have to wear makeup which she didnt want.

Why didn't she want to wear makeup?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 8:55 am
She doesnt like makeup.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:31 am
after all that she is losing her artsy desire ... I'm disappointed ...

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:33 am
Artsy is far from this girl.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:36 am
wearing a green dress sounds artsy to me ... but then again she is not following her dream ...

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:39 am
Trust me, it didnt stem from artsiness.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 2:16 pm
Okay, we get it, you don't like her or respect her. You can't just go to the wedding, you have to complain about her here. I'm guessing she's not wild about you, either, and at some point may show up here and will certainly recognize herself in your post about the green dress. That'll be fun.

freidasima

Post Sat, Feb 16 2008, 12:08 pm
Green dresses...what next?!

But makeup I can understand...I wouldn't wear any makeup at my chasseneh, didn't go to the hairdresser...I remember helping my mother with her sheitl which she also did herself, and then going to shower, washing and drying my hair which was already very short, and just getting dressed...I figured I was young enough to have decent skin still (ah for those days freidasima...) and my lips were red enough and who needs color on your eyes, for what?

Didn't bother the chossen at all..in any case except for the first second before the badeken he didn't see me, then I was all hot and sweaty under the heavy veil (I remember standing under the chuppah, sweating and thinking, "gevalt no one told me it is so hot and airless under this veil and would the Rov please get on with his drush so that I can push it back already....I was so hot and thirsty I gulped the wine and started coughing all over the place...everyone had to hit my back to get me to stop coughing (yes Freidasima, even then they thought you were such a clown...)...anyhow so if I would have had make up on it would have melted into nothing ness...

And no, I wasn't into women's lib...only not into makeup.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 16 2008, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
Okay, we get it, you don't like her or respect her. You can't just go to the wedding, you have to complain about her here. I'm guessing she's not wild about you, either, and at some point may show up here and will certainly recognize herself in your post about the green dress. That'll be fun.

Nope, I dont have much similarity to her at all. But we are decent to each other. I am just going to the wedding. I just think it is an odd think to want, as many ppl on this forum agreed with me. And I dont worry about her showing up here either.

Starhavah

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
So we have lots of responses how you as guests would feel. What about as mother? mil? sibling? sibling il?

I am sorry, but why is this any of your business? Scratching Head
A wedding day is for the kallah and the chatan and no one else. If the bride wants to wear green that is her business.

Star Havah

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 7:04 am
Well. the engagement was broken, so maybe she'll get her green dress another time around as a kallah. :-)
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics