Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Att London residents!

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:10 pm
Do you think that Hendon/Golders Green/Edgeware could use a Jewish (modest but not frumpy) maternity clothing stores? And a stockings/headwear/acessories store?

How about a currency exchange place? WHY is it that I have to shlep to M&S every time?!?!?!

I feel these are niches that are easy to get into and are sucessful all over New York!

I would most appreciate your feedback/suggestions.

Abigail

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:50 pm
ok ur prob not from London, but you don’t have to go to m&s to change money there is a very nice person called mr diamond can get address and phone number if you want who changes money. as far as stockings and headwear-Halberstams-same there I can get you s number if you want, maternity clothes I cant tell you off hand but im sure there are and I can find out for you.
you are right that ny has many more of these shops but there are so many more ppl there so you cant compare. if you need anything you can pm me.

chavs

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:58 pm
London could definitly use a nice not expensive decent quality maternity store.
When I was expecting ds, I bought from a shop in Golders Green (now closed), and 2 items broke very fast due to not being good quality.
This time, I couldnt find any maternity stores in GG or Hendon, they had all closed down. I went to Stamford Hill, where it was really expensive and in the end I bought from Mothercare and mamas and papas.

Regarding tichels etc, it would be nice if there was a shop that stocked nice, not expensive tichels, hats etc.

As far as money exchanging, try a bank or one of those money exchange places (cant remember their names).

It would also be nice to have frum shops that are not in ppls houses, where you have to make an appointment, I never am comfortable with a shop in ppls houses.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 1:58 pm
When I was in london a few months ago I found a maternity store in gg. It was run by a very nice person. She sold regular housecoats as well as maternity clothes. She didn't have a huge selection but I found a couple of skirts which I was very happy with. She said she doesn't do well with maternity clothes because most ppl just buy regular clothes or from places like h&m.

I cant remember her name or anything but it was a side street off gg road, and she was young, about 25 I think. She had 2 or 3 little kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics