Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I miss my babies!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

How much time (awake) do you get with your kids daily?
one hour  
 1%  [ 1 ]
two hours  
 23%  [ 13 ]
four hours  
 69%  [ 38 ]
only on weekends  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 55

mom21n2

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 10:37 am
Mommabear,
Now you are making ME cry. I am a lawyer. (ooooh) My husband is a teacher, but does not really work. (long story) Anyway, I am the "breadwinner" Baruch H". Azeh hu ashir hasameach bhelko.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 10:44 am
yeah, lawyers do put in insane hours... I guess that's a choice you made, it might not have been the best choice for you or your family, but a choice... Hugs...

pinkheart

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 10:53 am
guys, I go to work pretty full time. I miss my children tons! I feel that im always missing out on thier good times and fun times. I come home to feed, bathe, homework.... You get it. If I can, I would stop working in a second!

Barbara

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 10:55 am
mom21n2 wrote:
[
SNIP
First of all, Yay! to 7:15am.
Second, to MamaBear, Working 12 hours a day is not easy, but I don't think I'm the only one. Am I?? Honestly, I don't feel like I ever get to see my family, which is why I started this thread. It gets overwhelming at times. Usually, I don't get home in time for supper. So my babies get theirs from their nanny and my older son gets his supper from his. I try to make sure I know what they are eating, supervise the "menu", look at the dirty dishes, the garbage, the empty baby food jars every day. I have no idea what my husband eats. Probably shawarma, which is all he ever wants anyway. On Fridays, I get takeout on J. (Actually, I love to cook and always have. Oh well.) The babies go to sleep and wake up all the time, so they don't really have a bed time. As I said before, I alternate with my dh putting older son to bed. He frequently is up quite late as a result of waiting for us, but refuses to go to bed without either me or dh. (I'm not endorsing this, it's just the way it is right now with him.) The kids are too little yet to have homework, but my parents never supervised me on my homework, so maybe it's not necessary? (don't laugh at me) The baths, nannies. Talk to husband, don't much. Eat, not usually. Couch, never anymore, except on Shabbat. Cleaning, please. Although I did shine my sink in the middle of the night the other day because the Flylady said to.

Hugs to you. I *know* how hard it is to be pulled in all directions.

Door to door, with the commute, I think a lot of people have 12 hour work days, esp these days when companies expect fewer people to do the work. Exploding anger But since you are so unhappy, have you thought about looking into the possibility of a job share or telecommute? Or into a different position, or even different field?

It took a few years, but we found a creative solution to homework. My son faxes it to me in my office. That way, we both have it in front of us, and we can go through it, discuss it, I can offer help and assistance, etc. He's getting a bit old for that now (& wants to do it all on his own), but it worked well for a long time. It actually meant that I got home a little later at night, but he had a more pleasant evening having finished his work. Then when I was home, we had time to relax together. I also do most of my Shabbat cooking on Thursday night because I got tired of takeout all the time.

Barbara

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 10:58 am
mom21n2 wrote:
Mommabear,
Now you are making ME cry. I am a lawyer. (ooooh) My husband is a teacher, but does not really work. (long story) Anyway, I am the "breadwinner" Baruch H". Azeh hu ashir hasameach bhelko.

Funny. I would have guessed lawyer. Me too. Shall we commiserate?

mom21n2

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:00 am
Yes, I suppose I could choose to work in a different job. But then I would be the HouseLoser instead of the BreadWinner. I probably would wind up working almost as many hours anyway, given the pay cut I probably would have to take to switch careers. I often dream about the day we can move to Eretz Yisroel and dh can work full time while I stay home with the kids. Bshana Haba BYerushalyim. Amen.

mom21n2

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:02 am
/quote]

Funny. I would have guessed lawyer. Me too. Shall we commiserate?[/quote]

See, I knew I wasn't the only one Wink

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:24 pm
off course we work because we have too. which normal mother will work and dump her kids in day care bc she loves to work and not be with her kids.

I do daycare and in the begining I thought off the mothers who dont work but still put their kids in day care as weird.your home shouldnt your child be home. and then I started to see it in their veiw. some have hard babies. some need a break . some need to go shopping in and out of stores without a crying screaming baby.

some needed the time off from all their kids to go shopping and cook a decent meal. and clean up their house.

so now I dont judge anyone. its not our business why the mothers are sending out to daycare.and it doesnt make the mothers less loving and kind. they are doing what they have to do ... too make their life easier.just a tiny bit.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics