Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
CREPES

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 5:49 pm
ok, I am having a craving. I need crepes with chocolate sauce and confection sugar.
I do not want to have to make the batter, so the question is, do any of u think I can buy the pancake batter there are in stores, and use that as a crepe batter?
I know it would have to be thinned out, since its so thick, but wanted to know if anyone has any ideas or other alternatives for a great crepe batter?? would u thin it with milk or water?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 6:30 pm
arrrrrrrrrrr, wont anyone help a pregnant woman who is really really really in the mood of crepes, but doesnt wanna spend money buying them in a restaurant??

kitchen designer

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 6:49 pm
recipe from my crepe maker:

Basic Batter
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

Place ingredients in blender container in order given. Blend 30 seconds, stop and stir down sides. Blend 30-60 seconds until smooth. Or, mix in bowl with wire wisk or mixer, first combining flour and eggs, adding liquid gradually. Beat until smooth; *** other ingredients. Makes about 16 crepes.

Note: Measure flour and liquid carefully, since consistency of batter is important. Spoon flour into 1 cup measure and level off with straight edge.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 6:56 pm
thanks so much!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals