Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you ever

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 5:37 pm
do you ever just got to bed and leave the house a mess to do tomoro?

im usualy really strict with myself to always go to bed leaving a clean tidy house and especialy kitchen
but I am so tired sometimes ..the kids just keep me busy all day then comes the eavning I flop.

tonight I am going to bed and leaving a mess. I feel like a bad housewife!

p.s. my DH realy doent care. he tells me to go to bed and leave the mess.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 6:06 pm
Do I ever? This is how my house is ALWAYS. Apart from the fact that nothing ever gets finished before it's messed up again, I prefer to look at things in the morning with fresh energies rather than plod through everything the night before.....
As for your situation, which is obviously different from mine, I would say that you can't always be superwoman... the end of your tether is Hashem's way of showing you that you are not invincible. Accept it.

[Maybe the line in bold will become famous one day. Choco, do you want to make it your new signature?]

gonewiththewind

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 7:05 pm
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Who me? Never! Hey what's happening to my nose!!..

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 7:24 pm
LOL

Um, I'm trying to be good now...so no.

But, these past 3 days of being good has been exhausting!

suomynona

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 4:12 am
The question should be if I ever clean the house before going to bed.

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 4:15 am
I used to be very careful about this..but I haven't been feeling great lately, so I have been doing this...I hate waking up to a mess! It is so depressing and I have so little patience when it looks like this..

Anyone have any advice about staying awake to clean when I feel dead tired by 8 and just want to lie down!

(and please don't say lie down! The messy house is also not good for shalom bayis!)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:35 am
Sometimes I do crash, yes. Hopefullyin the AM I make up for it by getting up early.

raizy

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 8:34 pm
I try to at least broom everything into the toy room and clean the kitchen sinks. and counters and clear the table.

and throw every dirty article of clothing into the laundry basket. and make a load of wash it makes me feel better that I did a load and I will put it into the dryer the next day.

MahPitom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 8:46 pm
I opened the washing machine today and found wet clothes from Monday… it stank like dead rats. Luckily the Shaklee liquid laundry completely fixed that with one cycle.

jba

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 8:50 pm
since we live in an apt and occasionally have bug issues...I try to make sure the kitchen is clean. this more or less means dumping everything in the sink or dishwasher (if I have the strength) and making sure the counters are crumb free and the floor is swept.
however this doens't always happen. life is life and if we don't take care of ourselves who will take care of our families.

Shif

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 9:00 pm
my neighbor just told me what she does, and I might try it, it sounds like a good idea!

she falls asleep w/the kids (when putting them down) then wakes up a couple of hrs later to clean the house, then goes back to bed a couple of hrs after that.

the only problem is that I dont' think I could wake up again to clean....

but to answer the question.....when I had 1 kid, the house was always clean at the end of the day...now that we have more, b"h, it is rarely clean at the end of the day

shopaholic

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 9:56 am
Sometimes I leave dishes in the sink overnight. Sometimes the kids leave a bit of a mess upstairs with the toys, but because our bedrooms & living room & kitchen are downstairs, I don't have to look at the toy mess as much.

I always make sure that the kitchen, living room & dining room are clean. I hate waking up or coming home after work to a messy house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics