Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What to do on SUNDAY??

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 7:42 am
what else is there to do with a 2 yr old in brooklyn? the weather is pretty cold, so no parks. shopping in a mall is a disaster.
we end up sitting in the pizza shop just killing time, because we never have any better ideas...

it becomes a pressure cuz when else can u go somewhere together?

kids and action is a mob scene on sundays, and I have no strength for it nowadays...

dh wants to do something that is interesting for all of us, not just me, who can shop wherever and whenever.... and he is correct, but I have noooo ideas!!

please, lets hear suggestions!!

Esther23

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 8:04 am
try the jewish children's museum, it's supposed to be very interesting.
stay home and bake with the family, or make candy apples.

MahPitom

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 8:07 am
You can walk to toys r us. Bundle yourself up well.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 8:49 am
DH is right. If you have the rest of the week to yourself, child-free, then you should do someting family oriented on Sunday.

That said, family orient - to me - means kiddie oriented.

Do you need to plan around a nap time? If so, mornings are better for you; if not, perhaps you can go someplace after lunch and have a long time out.

I can't say I ever went places with DH and the kids on any regular basis, so it was pretty much me and the kids. My kids like the library, we knew all the stores that were shayach to us, plus all the zoos & even some parks.

I had friends to get together with, and we did a lot of crafts, book reading, puzzles, and playing at home, too.

Do you like to sight-see?

What is your budget? Can you go to an entertainment place occasionally? There are plenty of such places in the city - we liked the now defunct Wonder Camp, for example.

Perhaps you need a Kiddie Guide to NYC or some such.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 9:10 am
I guess I'm the only person who is confused - Sunday is the one day I'm so glad NOT to go out!!! It's my relaxing, 'in' day - I go out too much as it is during the week! (Then again dh is not home sunday and we dont have a car.)

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 9:22 am
the problem is the weather now, we cant do anything outdoors, so I wonder, what is there to do with a kid who is 2 and wouldnt understand museums or such? what do u guys do who have young kids and dont want to spend the whole day at home.

the whole week I am at home alone with ds, and play with him and all, but dh loves to be able to spend time with all of us on sunday, cuz on shabbos he is exhausted, and sleeps in the afternoon.. so he wants to feel like he is doing something worthwhile and fun.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 9:24 am
Beauty, first of all, you and your husband could do what you like, and just bring him along. He's going for the experience, after all, he's not going to understand everything.

2ndly, maybe dh could take him out and give you your space, if you babysit all week by yourself.

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:00 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Beauty, first of all, you and your husband could do what you like, and just bring him along. He's going for the experience, after all, he's not going to understand everything.

A 2-year-old should be able to come on "fun" family errands like Home Depot/Target trips--they usually have some cool shopping carts (like with a cozy coup in the front...
Even Pathmark or a big grocery store can be fun. You can have your 2 year old help you pick things out.
The NY Aquarium is nice and there are indoor exhibits. Most of the zoos in NYC also have indoor exhibits.
You can buy a family game or a family toy and introduce it on a Sunday afternoon--stay home and play! Bake cookies and color! If your 2 year old doesn't see your DH all the time during the week it may be fun to do these things with Daddy!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 5:07 pm
ummmm.....take a trip to target with the train or go to toys r us in manhattan or the bay

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 5:17 pm
funny to see this back up!!
choc moose, u are right, we now go wherever we need to go, and he comes along. we try to think of where we want to go, and if he will be able to handle it, and behave.
we dont go very far from home, because the whole weekend really knocks his schedule off, so sunday is very unpredictable with naps and all...

happymom

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 7:19 am
library? a friends house.... duck pond, brooklyn childrens museum. batanic gardens has fish u can feed...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 7:34 am
mmmm... depending on your taste and weather:
park, forrest, tv, going to the movies, going to the restaurant, shopping in a fun place, pick nick, museum, playing games... so many things to do! sunday was always my favorite day because we would do stuff with my parents Smile

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 2:27 pm
I recently took my kids to the new york aquarim...(it was my first time there)...it was so nice my kids really njoyed
my dh takes off every second sun....we also look for places to go...we go to toysrus and best buy..(for my dh)
costco is great for sundays
we go alot to manhattan...we once went to braynt park..they have a carousel (I dont know if its always there) and they also had someone doing puppet shpws..(it was in the winter btw)

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 3:11 pm
you gotta balance it out ... going to nice places are fun but too much can get exhausting ... so stay home sometimes and enjoy each other whether you play games or bake or read books and such ... also if dh is out all week he and you're in all week you gotta take turns so he can chill at home and you can have fun out ... don't stick to one routine ...

Chaya4

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 4:53 pm
check out gocitykids.com for ideas. its such a great website

yikes!

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 6:12 pm
Last week we went "green" and took the subway to Kosher delight in the city... dd LOVED the train!!! She's 3 and twas her first time on it so it was quite an adventure.
I'd like to add that this couple at the restaurant couldn't keep their hands off each other... twas disgusting!! at a kosher restaurant!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics