Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
"Pretty FLower Cookies"

First Lady

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 1:31 pm
Dear Cooking and Decorating Experts,
I need a Yummy recipe for cookies that I can shape into flowers and also nice decorating ideas on how to make them into really pretty flowers.
Thank You In Advance

Amital

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 1:30 am
You can make the cookies out of anything, although I have done sugar cookies. I also have used the black and white cookie recipe I have cut out flowers with cookie cutters.

For frosting and decorating, you have a ton of options. You can do fondant flowers, where you buy/make fondant and use the same cookie cutter to cover the flower with fondant (almost like play-dough). You can do decorations with fondant, too. I've also seen thumbprint or jelly cookies, with a center of jelly and then frosting petals applied.

My favorite--and my family's-- springtime cookies takes the black and white cookies and then I did variations using mostly the "white" frosting, and some "black." I tinted some white frosting (thinned) different colors, then applied a layer of one and with a paintbrush, added details and veins, accents, etc. with another. Because the frosting is thinned, it kind of melts together and gives a nice finish once dried!

I can get out my recipe book if you are interested.

Otherwise, I have used frosting to pipe on flowers and decorate, or made basket shapes and frosted the flowers on. You can also dip cookies in chocolate and decorate!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:14 am
kitchen krafts has amazing chocolate and cookie molds for this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins