Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Clothing pick-up- Flatbush, Boro Park, Crown Heights, Etc.

nishtikeit

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:17 pm
The Chesed Store in Flatbush (@1774 East 22nd Street) sends every month a full 40 foot container of boxed clothing to be distributed in Israel. They will pick up your used clothing for a donation to their organization. They have a food pantry (2917 AVE K) which is funded solely by donations .http://bnairaphaelchesed.com/ Call Mr. Terebelo @917-731-1020 for clothing pickup..

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 3:46 pm
that's very good, it's hard to get clothing pcik ups.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:36 pm
nishtikeit wrote:
The Chesed Store in Flatbush (@1774 East 22nd Street) sends every month a full 40 foot container of boxed clothing to be distributed in Israel. They will pick up your used clothing for a donation to their organization. They have a food pantry (2917 AVE K) which is funded solely by donations .http://bnairaphaelchesed.com/ Call Mr. Terebelo @917-731-1020 for clothing pickup..

I called him because I have so many bags of clothing to give away. I was a bit surprised when he asked for a donation of $50-$100 to make the pickup.

dewyt

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:37 pm
same with me, I was so happy to call and say I have two bags of good clothing, he wanted money too, so I said thanks maybe not.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
nishtikeit wrote:

I called him because I have so many bags of clothing to give away. I was a bit surprised when he asked for a donation of $50-$100 to make the pickup.

Oops...amother here I somehow missed this line you wrote.
nishtikeit wrote:
They will pick up your used clothing for a donation to their organization.

I guess you did mention that it's by donation only.

bashinda

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:42 pm
If you can use maiser money that's not too bad.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:48 pm
We should arrange pcik ups by neighborhoods.

mom21n2

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 1:29 pm
When I read this I thought you meant that it was the clothing that was considered to be a donation to the organization. Ooops. embarrassed Would they take the clothing if you brought it to the food pantry location?

mom21n2

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 1:34 pm
PS, I'll pick up your new and gently used infant/baby/toddler clothing if you live in Brooklyn for donation at no cost to you to the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics