Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What would make you happiER?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:16 am
Are the things you're thinking of more tangible or intangible? Do you think you'll ever attain them? How can you improve your chances of that happening?

I think with anonymity, the answers have a somewhat higher chance of being genuine.

LuckyMum

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:22 am
Happiness is a state of mind. I think that is intangible. It is definitely possible to attain it by working on the way you percieve things. By focusing on all the good that you have. Looking at those that have less not those that have more than you.
Every person has something good in their life, something to thank Hashem for. If we focus on those things we will all be much happier people.
Just my 2 cents.

LuckyMum

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:24 am
oh, and I dont feel the need for anonomity to answer genuinely and truthfully.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:25 am
A friend of mine said her husband took a course and through the course learned that once your needs were met everything else was unimportant. Different people have different needs. It isn't a matter of how much but if the items you have answer your needs.

Right now what I think would make me happy is being able to buy and build up this house and knowing the government isn't going to take it away.

The last part is just faith in Hashem.

happymom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:27 am
but peoples needs cant always be met. we cant control others. I think we have to be happy within ourselves, like ourselves, and not have expectations/judgements of others in order to really be happy.

LuckyMum

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:27 am
HIndarochel, gauranteed once the house is built, if I would ask you this question again you would have another thing to say. "Once I have that I will be happy..." right? You wont tell me - now I am happpy, I dont need anythiong else in the world.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:39 am
Probably not. But I would be happier knowing the Amana wasn't going to try and kick us out.

But you are right, there are always the bills and everything else.

yentaof8

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:40 am
Luckymum is 100% correct. Happiness is a state of mind. In fact the letters BISIMCHA are the same letters as MACHSHAVA. (Sorry, I don't have Hebrew letters, but check it out) It's amazing - The key to misery is focusing on what your lacking and the secret to happiness is counting the blessings you do have. We can choose to think thoughts that promote our happiness or those with which we make ourselves miserable.

Mevater

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:42 am
yentaof8 wrote:
In fact the letters BISIMCHA are the same letters as MACHSHAVA.
That's amazing!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:43 am
Being a better baalabuste! Having my home really organized, clean and neat. Always be dressed with makeup and all for dh. Be a better mother so dh could get more sleep. Have wholesome delicious meals 3 times a day and fresh cookies and cake....

Could anyone help me get this done? I'm feeling so overwhelmed 'cuz I really want this!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:46 am
I just want to be healthy like I used to be before my pregnancy. That's it.

louche

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 1:12 pm
I'm sure I'd like to be richer and slimmer, and find a self-wringing mop that is truly maneuverable, easy to use, does a good job scrubbing the floor, fits easily in that awkward cranny between the sink and the tub, and has replacement heads that are never discontinued and are readily available in my neighborhood supermarket, but would any of those things make me happier?

Probably. Especially the mop.

happymom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 2:07 pm
Quote:
Being a better baalabuste! Having my home really organized, clean and neat. Always be dressed with makeup and all for dh. Be a better mother so dh could get more sleep. Have wholesome delicious meals 3 times a day and fresh cookies and cake....

Could anyone help me get this done? I'm feeling so overwhelmed 'cuz I really want this!

choose one of these, work on it, and once u are really good at it, start working on another. eventually, you will have mastered all, of not most of these Smile goodluck

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 2:11 pm
Some appreciation from DH and kids.

Can't see how it will ever change. A nature is a nature.

louche

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 2:28 pm
But seriously (though I really would like to find the perfect mop, and after that the perfect vacuum cleaner Very Happy ) I don't bother thinking about what would make me happier--the more one thinks about that the more things one can find to complain about, which is hardly conducive to happiness. Better to think about what might make you sadder and be happy you don't have those things.

Squash

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 2:34 pm
louche wrote:
But seriously (though I really would like to find the perfect mop, and after that the perfect vacuum cleaner Very Happy ) I don't bother thinking about what would make me happier--the more one thinks about that the more things one can find to complain about, which is hardly conducive to happiness. Better to think about what might make you sadder and be happy you don't have those things.

Rolling Laughter re: mop and vacuum cleaner

Thumbs Up re: your other points.

happymom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 2:51 pm
Quote:
Some appreciation from DH and kids.

appreciation from others is always nice, btu isnt what makes one interanlly happy.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 3:15 pm
giving makes me happy, I love giving-giving to family, giving gifts to new mothers, giving for the needy and sick.

Yakira

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 3:21 pm
I kind of feel like my life is blissful right now, bh. A husband, baby, friends, a good job, etc. But there are worries that kind of nag in the back of my mind, such as people I know who are sick or need shidduchim, and future financial or other unknown problems that we might encounter. I guess I could never be 100% happy unless everyone I knew was happy and healthy, so that won't be until Moshiach comes. But I'm pretty happy taking one day at a time now, even with the difficult and challenging things that come along with marriage and motherhood.

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 4:32 pm
happiness is totally a state of mind
its something u decide to be....sure we all can use stuff...but the stuff wont ,make us happier....its how u look at things..I think im happiest shabbos morning when my kids come in to my room and my husband gets to play with them and have some quality time...I love to hear them laugh.....im also very happy wen im shopping
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics