Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Shabbos Make up solution - I want cosmetic tattoos badly...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 2:21 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
am I the only one who thinks it's a VERY BAD IDEA to sleep with eye makeup on?

Don't any of you ever get eye infections or stys or pink eye or anything?

I happily wear mascara, shadows, liner, etc during the week but yeah-- Shabbos I look nude---- so what. I think it's nice for my face to get a break. And I SELL cosmetics for a living!

Those long lasting lipsticks will eat away at your lip's natural balance over time.... that CAN'T feel good!

TwinsMommy - that's exactly why I nearly never wear makeup on shabbos anymore! It irritates my eyes when I sleep in it.

anon

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 3:31 pm
From a strictly superficial point of view, I heard that tattooed makeup is problematic as you get older because your skin shifts. Like, your lip liner may no longer be on your lips.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 4:00 pm
[ Like, your lip liner may no longer be on your lips.[/quote]

that would be a funny sight to see!!! LOL

OP, I heartily reccomend u following all the above posters advice and get urself prodicts that will help you. there is no reason for drastic measures to be taken. like someone here said, sometimes its not the product, but how u apply it.
small layers is key, building up color, and sealing correctly.
you can pm me if u wish for more detailed instructions.

good luck!!

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 7:37 pm
beauty--- you're in the cosmetics industry too, right? And you recommend sleeping with makeup on? Just wondering why?

I guess Defy and I are the only ones on the other side of the fence here? At least I have company... Smile

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 9:15 pm
The shailoh isn't so much as it being a chatzizah nearly as much as no tatoo being allowed, it's like an engraving on the body Confused

miracle

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 1:49 am
I have once used the long lasting lipstick from L'oreal and the next day looked horrible and dry. I prefer being without lipstick.

ss321 wrote:
Quote:
lipstick - either the long lasting mac, or long lasting chanel. They come in tubes that have clear lipgloss on one end, and the color on the other. they really really do stay on. I layer it (I like to mix my colors!), but dont go overboard w/ the layering, or it will cause it to gunk up and it will peel faster! it rarely comes off before shabbos is over, I have to use makeup remover to get it off.

How does the long lasting Mac or Chanel look the next day? does it look nice or also dry and horrible?[/quote]

mamacita

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:11 am
Mine also made my lips dry and icky, but I found a solution!!

I put on normal Mary Kay lipstick, blot off with toilet paper. Then I apply the Max Factor long lasting (whatever it's actually called) lipstick on top. This keeps it looking nice and no more dry peeling lips.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:37 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
beauty--- you're in the cosmetics industry too, right? And you recommend sleeping with makeup on? Just wondering why?

I guess Defy and I are the only ones on the other side of the fence here? At least I have company... Smile

where did I recommend sleeping with makeup on???
I happen to sleep with makeup on, for shabbos, but with the products I use, bh there are no problems.
I do not recommend it, but I obviously have to know how to do it, since it is in demand. ppl want to have makeup on for shabbos simchas and such.
and like I said, bh there are no ramifications, because if you use good, hypoallergenic products, there is rarely a problem if it is done just once a week.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:44 am
B and B my makeup never lasts even a day. Do you have any tips as to how I can keep it on longer, what products to use.... and how to get it to stay for shabbos too, lilke eyemakup? right now I use Bobbi Brown and Chanel are there other products that are longer lasting....? Thanx.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:48 am
I used to use MAC paints - in Stilife, and then put my regular eyeshadow on top of that. Best trick ever.

Like I said before, you can buy cheap Covergirl waterproof mascara, and that stays on.

Covergirl Outlast lipstick also stays put very well. You can also put a different lipstick on top, and it won't feel so dry.

babula

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 9:15 am
I always use waterproof mascara and eyeliner. The best waterproof long lasting eyeliners IMHO are also the least expensive! Try the waterproof liners by Prestige and the liquid waterproof liner from Wet and Wild.

babula

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 9:19 am
OH I forgot to mention Styli-style!

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 4:34 pm
Actually I rarely take off my make-up and my skin still looks b"h quite intact if I may say so myself Very Happy

Maya

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 4:40 pm
RE: lipstick. I used to wear the CoverGirl Outlast, but found it annoying and irritating when it started peeling Shabbos morning. Now I apply a good lipstick sealer over a regular lipstick, and that stays on all day.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 5:12 pm
this is for all of you who asked me for some tips.

start your makeup with your eyes, just in case anything leaks, u can clean it up without it messing ur foundation.

eyes. I have shadow base, which on apply first. then I apply waterproof shadow which is a cream, and comes in little pots. after that, I apply regular shadow. ( make sure your colors compliment eachother)

after the shadows, I sweep invisible blotting powder all over my eyelids to seal the shadow again. invisible blotting powder is a great product. it eliminates oils, and doesnt alter the color of ur skin. it is made for the face, but I use it all over, including lips.

liner. imho, cream liner, waterproof, works best. I do 2 layers of cream liner ( I use clinique, comes in small pots. very good!!) ]

mascara. I use regular mascara for most ppl.
if ppl tell me thier makeup comes off, I apply regular mascara ( I use maybelline, best imho. ) then waterproof on top.

conceal undereyes, and powder on top.

face. start out with clean skin, good moisturizer, and primer.
apply layer of foundation, I use a wet sponge, and stipple it into my skin.
apply some blush, bronzer, then apply another thin layer of foundation again. apply blush again.
I then use a mosaic finishing powder all over face. then use the blotting powder. this sets the makeup.

lips. outline in liner, fill lips with liner too. I use maybelline long lasting lip color, the one that is double ended, and has the conditioning stick.
for ppl who dont want any kind of long lasting stuff, or sealers, I fill in lips with liner, apply lip stick with brush, blott. dust powder on lips. apply lipstick again, blott. dust powder over it again. I would not do this for someone who told me thier makeup doesnt last.

I hope this helps anyone!! good luck, and remember, U are all beautiful!!

Maya

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 5:23 pm
Thanks so much, Beauty. I love makeup tips.

Just one question: Isn't the makeup too heavy with all that foundation?

faigie

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 5:25 pm
what can I say
I just teach my clients how to use shabbos makeup.
this way they can wash their face clean friday night, and apply fresh clean makeup shabbos morning.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 7:19 pm
Maya wrote:
Thanks so much, Beauty. I love makeup tips.

Just one question: Isn't the makeup too heavy with all that foundation?

np! hope it helps!

I reiterated the fact to use thin layers of foundation. also, when u use a wet sponge, it deposits less, and the layer is much thinner.

Maya

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 7:24 pm
Aha. Can I ask which foundation you use?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 7:26 pm
Before I made teshuva I tattoed my eyes and I regreted it a lot, not only because of the tatto part, is because is not enough and is weird to be with eyeliner in the pool (apart from the mikvah), I don't like it at all, even if I want to change the style of my eyeliner I can't it's there forever.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions