Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Peanut chew mosaic - any of you ever tried it?
1  2  Next

LuckyMum

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 4:04 am
I would love to make this for Mishloach manos. did anyone ever try? any tips on how to get them so perfect and even?
how do I get that nice texture on top?
any good recipies?
thanx!

HooRYou

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 4:27 am
I have to admit there is no way I could make this and have them come out so nice so I wouldn't even attempt it. If you o decide to do it though you could send one to me since they look realy yummy!

yummydd

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 9:16 am
Luck Mum - If you cut them with a diamond shape cutter you should be able to do something like this. As for the texture its basically some melted chocolate first make one layer of smooth choclate and then when it is dry use the same colour chocolate and drizzle it on with a fork. if you wanna make something different you can buy edible chocolate transfers they come in many different designs and you just put it on top of the choclate it looks really nice. you can get them at :

[/url]

sammy

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 10:13 am
I tried to do this too. I got a diamond cookie cutter, but my diamonds came out wider than the ones in the picture. so I chose a checkerboard pattern instead and it came out cute too. I'll try post a picture.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 10:27 am
I have made it but with no cookie cutter-u cut it a certain way and they end up comming out in a triangle form

shopaholic

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 10:53 am
Pinktichel made the pb ones with choc topping for my son's upshernish. Not sure what the others are. Ask her for the recipe.

LuckyMum

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 11:02 am
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
I have made it but with no cookie cutter-u cut it a certain way and they end up comming out in a triangle form

HOw do you cut it to get them all even and so perfect?
Also, what is the recipe for the two toppings?

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 1:08 pm
You would first cut them in one inch strips. Then at an angle, so they come out into diamonds. Our rebetzin in the shul, used to cut cake like that. The toppings are plain chocolate and peanut chocolate.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 3:06 pm
regular melted baking choc
the brown-its paunut butter baking choc-some stores might sell it

put on after u finish puttung the peanut chew batter evenly on a cookie sheet

about the cutting-it needs to be demonstraited-u cut crooket a bunch of strips the u cut the other way crooked -its hard to explain

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 4:06 pm
wow is there a recipe ... and please tell me there is NO margarine ...

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 5:31 pm
its a regular recipe-
1 c sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 c peanut butter
6 c rice crispies

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 5:35 pm
shame to eat someting so lovely ...

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 5:36 pm
ah thank you sleepless ... for now I'm just dreamin ... we'll see ...

sammy

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 3:01 pm
this is mine using a diamond cookie cutter. I couldnt get a nice pattern cuz they were too fat, so I chose a checkerboard instead. I think it came out cute.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 4:23 pm
wowwwwwwwwwww!

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 7:15 pm
I know this is an old thread, but I'm reviving it because I have some questions.

first off, how much does 1 recipe make? the size of a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan?

also, I live out of town and can't get the peanut butter baking chocolate. I would like to do 2 different tops, so that I can arrange it in that pretty pattern. any other ideas of what to use? has to be pareve. I can get white chocolate chips but I have never had luck melting them.

mommyla

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 8:33 pm
One recipe usually makes a 9x13, but if you want them shorter then it'll probably fit a cookie sheet. For chocolate peanut butter topping, melt white chocolate with a few Tbsp peanut butter, stirring it every thirty seconds if you're microwaving. If you can get white or other colored Shufra baking bars, those melt beautifully. Otherwise, white chocolate chips don't melt so well. I've had more luck with regular white chocolate bars, but those are always milchig (except the Shufra ones - which look pretty and come in different colors but don't taste so good).

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 10:08 pm
I get a whole cookie sheet from one recipe. You can also melt white baking chocolate bar and mix it with the brown bar so it becomes light brown.

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 10:20 pm
thanks for the replies.
I can't get the shufra baking bars. it would look so pretty in pink (it's for meira's kiddush)
my parents are coming in too late on friday for it to be worth it for them to bring some in for me....
guess I'll try the PB + white choc chips and hope for the best!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 17 2011, 12:34 am
pobody's nerfect wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm reviving it because I have some questions.

first off, how much does 1 recipe make? the size of a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan?

also, I live out of town and can't get the peanut butter baking chocolate. I would like to do 2 different tops, so that I can arrange it in that pretty pattern. any other ideas of what to use? has to be pareve. I can get white chocolate chips but I have never had luck melting them.
There was a thread before Shavuos about melting white choc. Basically it needs to be bagged, and then placed into boiling hot water until melted.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics