Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Need to vent, no luck with sheitels

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:52 pm
I just need to vent. my first sheitel wasn't very good, from early on sheitelmachers who washed it told me it was a bad one, but I could not then do something about it cause was out of country. we did not have money for a new one. after 1.5 year I finally bought a new one, and it ripped already, and today I saw again that it is ripped in a different place. yes I am very careful. the company doesn't really help. its so hard for me cause we really at this point don't have money to buy a new one?!?! Crying

sho770

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 3:23 pm
Hi, sorry for you, really.
I had a hard time getting used to wear a sheitl in the first place... but I had the luck to have on sheitl paid for me by my parents, and another one I paid, since I received money from grandparents and was working, so I felt my parents had enough costs for the wedding as such.

Anyway, I got one good, the "cheapest" one (around 600€), which I paid for, and for the other, more expensive, I saw directly there was something wrong with the cut, but when you´re timid and don´t want to upset or vex the sheitlmacher, you don´t say anything... which isn´t a good idea, because you end up paying for a fresh cut anyway.
Luckily, they´re seemingly of good quality - except the second "more expensive" one seems to look older than the first one. But neither ripped.

Is it real hair? Or synthetic?

I had real hair, and found my sheitls in Antwerp - Belgium. I think the hair came from Argentina, I can´t remember for sure.

Some wair a simple sheitl with a partial haircovering on top, and it looks fine like that too. Be it a small hat or a kind of large elastic band. It´s also a good way to continue to use a ripped sheitl by hiding what´s wrong.

I wonder if there exists a sheitl gemach...

micki

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:17 pm
my milano sheitel which I bought 18 months ago is now ripped byt he comb and lining. the hair is also clumping. I called milano and they said to mail it to the, the will evaluate and fix it.
call the company. if they don't want to help then offe to publicize your story on this public forum, and see if that helps!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:54 pm
but I cant find my receipt Sad

micki

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 10:45 pm
does our shaitel have a brand?
I don't think I ever GOT a reciept.
if the shaitel has a brand call the company, not the shaitel macher who sold it to you.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 9:11 am
its an vivi & abi, how can I find the company # ??

daisy

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 9:26 am
What exactly is the definition of clumping?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 9:41 am
Maybe she means "Matting"- I was told that when Hair from the roots and hair from the ends are mixed and sewn into the sheitel it's a matted Sheitel. If that happens, the hair knots so badly, a heavy comb can't get it out.

le cure

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 12:16 am
mine clumped by the roots, I just gently dissected it trying to figure out what the puff was by the "scalp" and figured out that it was long hairs clumped between the layers of the sheitel ughhhh! how to fix this?!

le cure

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 12:18 am
and btw, if the netting of the sheitel is ripped do you need a new one? its ok to sew that up. but if u mean hair ripped out of the roots of the tracks, be firm and contact the company bec that is a default. im sorry about your frustrating situation! ur not alone in the sheitel problems! btw I have a friend who got a gorgeous stunner at a sheitel gemach, maybe check around by you to see if there are any? hatlocha

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 14 2016, 3:28 am
Hi Sarahkaplan, welcome to Imamother!

This thread is 8 years old. It's best if you can check the dates before responding to threads. If you have a similar situation then you can start your own thread to get advice. Many posters only read the OP (original post) before responding so you can get more help by posting your questions in new threads.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels