Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Costume ideas for a couple and a 9 month old

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 11:06 pm
Last year we were a chassidish frum couple (I wore a shpitzel and chassidish style clothes and dh wore a frum kind of hat and old thick glasses...watever) so anyways, this year we have to beat that since we made a reputation of having the best costume.
This year we bh have a girl who is gonna be about 9-10 months old on purim so we wanna do something that will include all of us. I thought of being mother bear, father bear and baby bear or one of the family ideas from disney, but my inlaws live in monroe and wont understand it so we need some kind of universal idea that will be understood by all.
Also, it would be great if we can incorporate the idea into our shalach manos too.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanx!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 11:24 pm
I'm posting anon so my relatives here dont figure out my screename - but u know who I am - I'm supposed be meeting you tomorrow Tongue Out

last year me and dh were magicians and ds was a bunny(pulled out of our hats). (if you want, you can borrow the bunny costume - its white and pink)
we gave out - in black top hats: the magic wand was a laffy taffy rope wrapped in black and white tape. here's our poem:

Unwrap the hat,
& open the bag of trix,
Wave your magic wand,
& check out the חלה roll that our “magic” mill did mix
“The _____ Magicians” is
our theme this year,
& we added a kugel so yummy,
Even YOU can make it disappear!

Abracadabra,
& אפרילכען פורים to you,
From the _____ Magicians,
& _______ the bunny too!

I didnt copywrite it so feel free to use it if you want. as for this year.... I really cant post here cuz its a secret but I can tell you tomorrow if you want Tongue Out

overworkedraizy

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 11:32 pm
nice we did last yr dressed up as bakers and we made human tashen with potatos inside like a potato knish
it was really cute I enjoyed myself since I wasn't dress up the pass few yrs. even my grandma made an announcement about us

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 10:14 pm
the poem is so cute!

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 4:15 pm
We are planning to be firemen and my DS who will also be about 9 months old Purim time will be a dalmation (fire-dog!)

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 4:57 pm
I was thinking of Ketchup, Mustard and the baby a hotdog.
What do you think?

yersp

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 6:20 pm
Thats a cute idea MrsLeo!! Go for it! cant wait to see you!!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 6:54 pm
You guys are FUN!
I only dress the kids, and put some matching accessories on myself.

chayitty

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 7:02 pm
3 years ago I when I only had 1 baby about 10 months I put him on a tux I war the maid and my hub was a butler....I had an adorable poem about achashvorish's ball I gave out a tray on it I had grapejuice bottels that said akerman empire with a pic of my son...I gacve out chocolate cigars imoprted from akerman empire and I had champein glasses with rock candy it was gorges u can do it and dress ur daughter as a princess or something.... I thought of this idea cuz that wat I felt like I was my sons maid....

chayitty

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 7:16 pm
come one come all
acheshvarush is throwing a ball
this will be his greatest one yet
noone will be left out, dont u fret
get dressed in ur finest attire
speacial help he did hire
sti back relax, dont worry bout a thing
anything u need just give us a ring
we would like to thank sir ari the third
hell be making an appearance (or so we've heard)
we like to give him a well desevrved hand
for hi upmost cooparetion we did command

there was another 4 lines I jst cant rem. them...if u want to use it I can make something up real fast

k the next year I did piolts my hub and son were poilts and I was airline security....my last name is akerman ...so we were akerman airlines..so I used the american airlines logo...it was really cute
I had it in a suitcase I put in a hand book whcich included a flight menu (everything that was in the shaloch manos)
a poem, in case of emergency
backround biography on my hub me and my son
and activities for the flight

Classicookie

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:13 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
We are planning to be firemen and my DS who will also be about 9 months old Purim time will be a dalmatian (fire-dog!)

thats my idea too but I have a dd who I want to dress up like a dog she aks like one sometimes(I think its cute crawling around with the toung out ) hubby thinks I should not do it bec its not nice to say she acts like a dog and then dress her like it but I think its cute what costume did you get

and last year we did the momma bear poppa bear bay bear it was really cute

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:39 pm
mom2zahava wrote:

Where did u get costumes? I searched everywhere and I cant find them anywhere. Did you make them yourself?

Classicookie

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:14 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
mom2zahava wrote:

Where did u get costumes? I searched everywhere and I cant find them anywhere. Did you make them yourself?

I made them but my dd was like 2 months old so I put on a pink omsie with a bear and a hat that was a bear and made costums for us I love making them I will try to gret a pic up

rikismom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 11:15 am
I've seen curious george , the man with the yellow hat and betsy.for shaloch manos they gave banana and some other stuff....I cant remember

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:51 am
wow those are great costume ideas,I saw a family of carrots last yr.
what about a family of chickens rooster,hen and chicki
but theketchup,mustard hotdog sounds really cute!!!
and post pics!!!

HooRYou

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 3:50 am
What if your daughter was a flower and you and DH are either bees or butterlies (or one of each since DH probably doesn't want to be a butterfly). You could also probably aslo be bees and make DD a honey pot since she is surely a sweetie.

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:44 pm
Thanx everyone for all your ideas.
Since this year purim is on friday its not worth it to spend $200 on costumes that can only be used once.
So now I cant decide what to do. Any ideas on a cheap costume?

mommy24

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 7:55 pm
Not sure if it cheap or not, but once I saw a couple and a baby dressed up for purim and it really stuck with me. I am not sure what it was that they gave out for shaloch manos bec I only saw htem in the street, so I Can't help you there. The husband was dressed as Moshe Rabenu, sort of like a shepard wiht a long beard and a big stick (cane), the wife was dressed as Har Sinai, a piece of brown material, maybe a hula hoop sewn at the bottom hem, I think she had brown face paint on, and hte baby was a torah. It was really cute and has stuck in my mind for a while now.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 01 2008, 1:45 pm
it’s very hard to find costumes for little kids (under 4 or so). yes, I speak from experience, I’ve visited several shops in several towns and in Paris, and finally we decided that we wouldn’t have a family theme. Dh and I match (we are a couple, not saying more), and dd is… a giraffe! LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics