Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Has a deceased relative ever come to you in a dream?
Previous  1  2

chaimsmom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:28 am
I dream about my late husband about once a week. It was several months before I dreamt about him though. My son started having dreams about him almost immediately and his dreams are much more frequent than mine. Also, in most of my son's dreams DH is healthy, whereas in all of my dreams he has been sick. I think it's nice that my son can "re-live" the fun things he used to do with DH in his dreams, but I could do without having to care for him all over again.

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:47 am
I had two different dreams about my late mom, shortly after she passed, where she told me "You know I'm dead" and then I told her "but they want to know how you are" and she said, "Just tell them I'm fine!"

And when I was visiting her a few weeks before she passed, I dreamed about my best friend who had passed away about 6 months earlier. She read me a poem she wrote, and it was entitled "Thank you" and I said, who is that for, from you to me, or from me to my mother?" and she smiled at me and said, "Use it however you need to".

of course, I don't remember the poem, but I did remember her voice, and I find it strange that the voice is one of the first things one tends to forget.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:52 am
I really liked reading through this thread. It brings me comfort for some reason.

My high school principal passed away a few years ago and I've frequently had dreams where he offers me advice.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:53 am
hummm... I always have dreams of sorts, sometimes they actually come true though, and that freaks me out..

when I was in high school, I went away to a convension for teens.. One night I fell asleep and dreamed of my grandmother hugging me and telling me that she loved me. But that I needed to getup and pack, and go down to the lobby.

My friends later told me that I was like in a dream state and got up, got dressed and packed all my things and went down to the lobby. With in about 10 min my mom walked in and was surprised to see me sitting in the lobby. Evidently I started crying and she did too, my grandmother had passed away that night and she had come to get me for the funeral.

She still comes and tells me how proud she is of me, and how beautiful my children are.. Though I think that's just my hopes and wishes to see her again.

My family has always had some kind of weird connection with each other. I have only had it twice outside of my own family, that I connected with someone. But they had to really be in my heart and me thinking about them constantly in order to have that..

so now u all think I am weird..lol

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:55 am
Mitzvahmom wrote:

My family has always had some kind of weird connection with each other. I have only had it twice outside of my own family, that I connected with someone. But they had to really be in my heart and me thinking about them constantly in order to have that..

like, knowing what the other is doing/feeling in another place? or, knowing what he'll say or do? or saying the same thing at the same time? or thinking someone said something when in fact he just thought it?
we have all that, and it's probably very weird for outsiders when it happens in public...
My mom has all kinds of theories on it, so does my dad... but they're really weird so I don't know if I should share.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:59 am
NO it's more like...

I will be sitting and eating or doing something and feel a tingling and know I have to call say my Aunt.

Last year, I woke up in the middle of the night gasping.. I called my mom and said please tell me everyone is ok inour family. She said sweetie it's 3 am, how should I know??

A friend of mine's grandmother passed away, and he got the phone call the moment that I woke up gasping. (this was the first time I had this happen outside of my family) But he had been on my mind a lot, lately..

I admit I am weird Smile

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 11:04 am
I mean you guys remember what I posted like 2 months ago about my freaky dream that almost actually happened on a friday in NY..lol

Fox

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 12:07 pm
I've had a couple of experiences with deceased people coming to me in dreams.

Shortly after my grandmother was niftar, I found out that I was expecting. However, there were some abnormalities on the ultrasound, and I was quite worried. My grandmother came to me as a presence while I was asleep, and said "Oh, Fox (using my English name, which no one else used), everything will be fine." That was it.

About 7 years later, my daughter came to me shortly after she was niftar. She seemed to be in the company of a number of other people, all of whom were wearing white. I could hear a woman telling her, "It's okay, honey, you can give her a kiss if you want," and I could feel my daughter's presence very palpably.

Interestingly, a member of the Chevra Kadisha who had been one of my daughter's teachers also received a visit during a dream that night. My daughter was completely healthy, but she said repeatedly, "Morah, I really need my name tag. Can you get my name tag for me?"

The woman woke up, disturbed by the dream, but tried to go back to sleep. The same dream reoccurred. It turns out that the kameah that had been made for my daughter during her illness had been removed during tahara. The custom is that such a kameah is returned to its maker. However, a phone call to Eretz Yisroel revealed that the mekubal who made the kameah had been niftar himself just a few hours before, and in such cases, the kameah should be buried along with the niftares.

To add to the story, I had purchased an "art photography" book several months earlier. It was wildly expensive and, truthfully, not the kind of thing I would normally want to purchase: it treated Chassidic Jews a bit condescendingly -- they were being "documented" a bit like exotic wildlife. But for some reason, I just had to have that book. In looking through it months later, I found a picture -- noted as one of the few available -- of the mekubal.

ny_ima

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:08 pm
signs of true dreams r
1) in the morning before wake up.
2) they are recurrent. dream repeats
3) in the dream u KNOW the meaning and even if forget when wake up, once interpretted u know if its rite. (thats y paroah looked for dream interpretter and although he had many of his own, he was not pleased till yosef hatzaddik gave him the true deal)

also says dreams go according to interpretation so ONLY tell someone good who likes u...

ppl who come to the dream have a kesher neshama with the dreamer, thats the reason too for feeling Close to certain ppl... they can get permission to help us and many times lead their descendants to do tshuva, cuz they r accounted for the deeds of offsprings! every year all neshamos have mishpat and if were good, our anscestors get more lite...

if someone comes in dream one should lite a candle for their name and give tzedaka. best to say mishnayos cuz mishna = neshama and ner = neshama

if want someone to come to us in dream, also give tzedaka and lite candle and if deserving there is a good chance for it to happen. sometimes they r busy and dont get permission... we dont understand who can and to whom...

Hashem speaks to us in many ways. sometimes dream that grandparent/parent/rebbe comes to dream but Hashem is giving the dream thru the image of ppl we love or were close to. other times we are part of the neshama and they have zchus to guide us...

yes, I had dreams. my dh has much more and he's totally freaky! speaks to my gggf whom he never met and gives specifics to let me be sure its definately them, like my gggf had great sense of humour... my gm loved to eat peanuts! things he never knew...we can write a book!! my gm told me she is very happy with my shidduch. second one and no family support...so I was thrilled! my gf on other side of the family who was mekubal was sent to seperate me from current dh whom my family dont accept but he could not do anything cuz my dh and ds from my dh r tzadiks B"H : all that I knew in dream! (also asked tzaddik about it and confirmed true dream), this gf passed away shortly after this incidence at very old age and years later came to ask me forgiveness cuz didnt know my shidduch is so good and bashert from Shamayim...he was only trying to `help out` his son, my dad! it wasn`t words, first he came covering face with hands, I cried and said its ok, I forgive with my whole heart, then he didnt cover face anymore...

one nite my dh and I both dreamt of rav we were hearing his speeches regularily. he told my dh in MY dream some stuff, and told dh that not good to keep wallet in back pocket. it the morning my dh opened wallet and found a kameya his mom once gave him and he was sitting on the names of Hashem in the kameya...so he took it out!

basically if they look happy and wear white..all is good
if wear rags they need tikun - know u can help them...
if do tikun for them they always come back in a dream to say thank you.

sorry so long, if I dont stop, I can go on forever...this post is definately up my alley!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 4:38 am
I've been having a lot of dreams about ppl who have passed on: my father, O'H and a couple of my past husband (w/whom I was divorced)

One of the dreams my father was giving me tochaha about shalom bayit and that I should appreciate my dh more. My father was never an assertive person, he didn't raise me and rarely gave me guidance or tochaha.

My ex had a very tragic ending to his life, but in the dream he was very happy and social.

"Halom tov, halom shalom" is what my ex taught me we should say before we utter details about a dream.

Abigail

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 7:43 am
wow this is so interesting to read. iv never had any experience with this at all. the closest iv got is my mil when she was preg, (kyh shes had 11kids,) if she was having a boy her grandfather would appear at least once a week in her dream and if it was a girl then her grandmother would.
but thanx for the great thread im enjoying reading everyones experiences.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 10:07 am
These stories are so amazing. I've had strange dreams to do with family (alive) but not relatives visiting or anything. I've had dreams about a situation that happened later.

sunshine!

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 10:21 am
An uncle of mine was not well for awhile, but once while he was having a good stretch, I had a dream that he came and told me that his daughter would have a boy, and should name after him... I woke up scared out of my wits, and told my dh the gream... We were very troubled, because he seemed to be doing well, AND my cousin was not pregnant... Soon after he was Niftar, and during the shiva my cousin discovered she was pregnant... I told her my dream and she of course, named her SON for her father...

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 10:24 am
Yes my son once Crying

tzatza

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 2:28 pm
My mother passed away when I was 3 months pregnant with my second son. I used to see her in my dreams almost nightly. It was always very comforting. My MIL constantly sees deceased relatives:)

amother

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 2:53 pm
I've had relatives appear to me in dreams, both alive and those who have passed on.
More interestingly, although I am not a Lubavitcher, I have seen the Lubavitcher Rebbe appear to me a number of times in dreams. He once bentched me with birkas kohanim.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
I've had relatives appear to me in dreams, both alive and those who have passed on.
More interestingly, although I am not a Lubavitcher, I have seen the Lubavitcher Rebbe appear to me a number of times in dreams. He once bentched me with birkas kohanim.

Wow, wow, wow!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics