Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you have time to volunteer?

Do you have time to volunteer?
Yes, once a week.  
 13%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but only infrequently.  
 35%  [ 13 ]
No, my job and family leave me no time.  
 51%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 37

mom21n2

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 2:00 pm
I really want to spend more time helping others. Of course, I am always at work and hardly ever at home. So one could argue that I should just go home. That feels wrong too though. Anyone else?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 2:07 pm
I hve tons of time. it depends on what you meanby volunteering.

no, I don't go feed hospital patients, but if someon ehas a baby, I send them dinner. I anyway cook for mysel, right ?

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 2:12 pm
I have time to volunteer. I'm actually now waiting for a call-back from the Bikur Cholim to see which day I should go to the hospitals.

I wonder what other volunteering jobs there are in my community.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 2:16 pm
Few people I know volunteer, even if they don't work. There are not so many things to do, and the things to do are not always pleasant.

myfriends715

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 3:18 pm
anyone who wants to volunteer can come hold a baby Smile theres always someone needing to be held :0

MahPitom

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 3:21 pm
You know the quote, “need some help? Look for a busy person” it’s true. As busy as we are, we can always squeeze in a moment for Chessed. When I don’t do chessed for a while, I become self involved and downright selfish. Go do the right thing!

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:34 am
I was told familly comes first...

ss321

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 5:11 am
MahPitom wrote:
“need some help? Look for a busy person” it’s true.

says it all
Thumbs Up
the busier you are the more that gets put on your plate. and who turns down chessed?

Newsie

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 5:38 am
I voted no before reading through the thread. If cooking for people who gave birth or need extra help or having people send over their kids every now and then, then yes, I volunteer. But otherwise, I don't do anything organized like soup kitchens, hospitals...

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 8:55 am
I wouldn't say I "volunteer"-- I get drafted! My family's motto must be "bemakom she-ein ish, hishtadel lih'yot ish " (in a place where there are no men--I.e. leaders--try to be a man--I.e. a leader.) If we see something needs to be done and no one's doing it, we do it. Not in a big, impressive way, like raising millions of dollars for needy families, but in a small, anonymous, low-key way, like bringing the siddurim and chumashim back to the bookcases after davening or polishing the shul's becher when it needs it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics