Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Would you like if babysitter offred dipers and wipes
1  2  Next

would you like if babysitter offered dipers and wipes
yes I would love that  
 54%  [ 6 ]
no I would never want that  
 18%  [ 2 ]
it would not really matter to me  
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:01 pm
me and my sil have babysitting in my home prices of babysitters in my town range from about $5 to $5.50 an hour maybe more now I charged five but I want to raise my rates for next year(my sil did not start off in sep with me)
so I was thinking $5.50 bec I am scared to raise to much but then I had an idea to do $6 an hour and supply dippers and wipes so for $6 you get 2 moms, diapers and wipes would that sound like a good deal or would you not care about things like that also it would make my house neater if I just had one box of each size instead of the parents bringing in bags for me to keep here

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Cdlf

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:22 pm
I LIKE TO HAVE MY OWN SO THAT THE BABYSITTER FEELS FREE TO USE AS MANY AS NECESSARY.

kitchen designer

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:23 pm
Personally I like sending in diapers each day so that I can keep track of how much /when my kid is making.
Also I know some people are particular about what brand their child wears - some open on their own - some are less absorbent - some just aren't right for that child...

newmom

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:24 pm
I'd be concerned that the sitter would use a cheapo brand that would give rashes, but if they used a brand like pampers, I think it's very convenient.

ganizzy

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:26 pm
also ur going to have bags anyways bec of change of clothing, food, bibs...
also u dont want to resent a kid that theyre costing too much when they have alot of bowel movements

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:31 pm
I would use huggies bec they sell those in big boxes at cosco and kirkland wipes witch 90% of parents send the thing is a lot of time parents don't send enough wipes and I end up using mine anyway I would not resent a kid who needs to be changed more often bec it happens but they are paying for the diapers they use and it comes 200 something in a case

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:34 pm
wow, I pay between $8.50 and $10 an hour for babysitting. $5- $6 is awesome--- for a home daycare, yet? wow! I would guess you would still get plenty of applicants at $6 an hour, whether you decide on the diaper deal or not.

If it were me, I'd prefer to give you the diapers I most prefer at any given stage. Like right now, my kids leak through cvs, target, all the cheapie diapers, but they're great in Luvs. They used to be fine in cvs or target diapers so I would have resented a babysitter using pampers on my kids and charging me for it at that time, you know?

Do most home daycares provide diapers and wipes or no? I would think not, but I don't know.

Classicookie

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:37 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
wow, I pay between $8.50 and $10 an hour for babysitting. $5- $6 is awesome--- for a home daycare, yet? wow! I would guess you would still get plenty of applicants at $6 an hour, whether you decide on the diaper deal or not.

If it were me, I'd prefer to give you the diapers I most prefer at any given stage. Like right now, my kids leak through cvs, target, all the cheapie diapers, but they're great in Luvs. They used to be fine in cvs or target diapers so I would have resented a babysitter using pampers on my kids and charging me for it at that time, you know?

Do most home daycares provide diapers and wipes or no? I would think not, but I don't know.

you pay that much and you send out or dose someone come to your house

jemappelle

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:39 pm
I saw this idea advertised where I live, they called it "bagless babysitting".
Personally I prefer Pampers Cruisers and only use Pampers Sensitive wipes at all ages, Kleenex tissues so I suppose I might still prefer to send my own...

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 11:02 pm
mom2zahava, I have a babysitter come to me and I'm there the whole time. Sometimes I leave to run an errand for 20 minutes, but I work at home.

Seraph

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 7:35 am
I wouldnt suggest it. Bec then you'll get some neurotic parents who want their kids changed once an hour and then you'll regret the extra expense. AT least I would.

rikismom

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 11:13 am
I had a babysitter a couple of years ago who offered diapers, wipes and food all included in the price. It was great!!

MahPitom

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 1:41 pm
I paid a babysitter extra years ago for supplies, which was great. She also gave them food for that price. This meant wiping baby’s face in the morning and Running!

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 2:23 pm
I wish I had food included in the deal I don't like the headache of figuring what dd is going to eat. diapers and wipes sound good.

MahPitom

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 2:25 pm
offer it, the Babysitter might love the idea!

funny50

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 2:04 am
I supply wipes- not diapers. food is hard to supply, bec of kids being allergic and not knowing what each kids likes. personally, I think it's better for the kids to have food they like and are from home

MahPitom

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 9:57 am
Re: food… most babysitters will save last night’s dinner and heat it up for lunch. It’s quite satisfying to know that my toddler is getting chicken and potatoes, and applesauce – instead of peanut butter sandwiches or grilled cheese.

zigi

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 10:05 am
thats what I try to serve dd, but I don't always cook every night and she winds up with a sandwich

square_peg

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 1:45 pm
If I were a babysitter..
I think its easier to make fresh pasta, or other food, than take out 10 different lunches for everybody.

Now as a mother...
I think its a great idea if a- you can keep track of how many times the babies pamper was changed b- what he ate c-if you're using a pamper and wipe brand that is satisfactory to all the moms.

Seraph

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 1:55 pm
no, I wouldn't want my babysitter to offer diapers and wipes, because I'm a cheapskate. I either use cloth diapers or (depending on my business), th cheapest disposable diapers there are. And I change my son very infrequently, also to save money. (B'h his tushy doesnt complain.) And I generally use cloth wipes.
So I would get annoyed having to pay more for a babysitter so she can (in my mind anyhow) waste money on "Huggies" which over here run 70 shekel a bag as opposed to my "babysitter" which go for 40 shekel a bag...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics