Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Big babies
1  2  Next

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 10:12 am
how do you deal with having a big baby mine is in the 95% he weighs a ton he and dd could share clothes, she is small. he is very heavy to shlep up and down the stairs. we live on the 3rd floor

did your baby stop growing so fast at a year old? he is nine months and was over 20 pounds at 7 months, he is at least 24 pounds, ( I have to get him weighed )

thanks!

mom7270

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 10:15 am
zigi I had one like that to- ds was 8'8 at birth and tripled his weight by six months... but after a while he stopped gaining so much and now at 2 years he weighs 21 pounds and eats like a bird... so im not sure what I would prefer... but it gets easier LOL

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 10:18 am
thats good to know he started out at 8.9 his sister was 5.6. I was wondering what size he would be in the summer. right now he can eat 3 meals a day and nurses and bottles 5 times a day, when he's going through a growth spurt he doesn't seem to stop eating!

mom7270

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 10:24 am
yeah he'll slow down soon my guess is when he starts on solids... did u start??? and I would be buying hime 18 months for sure how old is he again???

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 10:35 am
he eats solids 3 times a day 6-8 oz and drinks 8 oz bottles. right now he wears 12 months.

smiley:)

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 11:06 am
Well both of my boys were/are big babies. My "little one" was born around 8 pounds but grew rapidly. Now at 9 1/2 months he is also over 24 pounds. My older one leveled off around 1 yr, as mom7270 said he started leveling off and now he barely eats. At 2 1/2 yrs of age he is about 28 pounds.
I am giving the little one solids but I find like every day I strain to think what to give him. I want to come up with a type of menu of what I give every day. Any ideas? He eats pretty nicely but isn't into baby fruit etc. He goes for real, easy to eat food.

melalyse

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 11:12 am
My 6 week old was born at 9 lbs 7.5 oz and at 4 weeks was 11 lbs 4 oz. She is starting to wear 3-6 months clothing. I got some really cute 0-3 month clothing that she will never wear. It's so strange because my 2.5 year old DS was 24.5 lbs at 2 yo and was always in the 10th percentile in weight.

Twizzlers

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 11:47 am
I'll join the big baby club. ds was 8.15 at birth, now he's 30 lbs. at 18 months!!!! but he's leveling out...not really gaining or losing anything, but growing taller.

bh for the day he learnt how to walk!!!!

Chani

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 12:30 pm
I had all big babies: 8 lbs 12 oz., 9 lbs. 15 oz., and then even the twins: 7 lbs. even and 8 lbs. even. What's funny is that the largest of them all is the only one who now, at 5 almost 6 years old is about 50th percentile on height and weight. The others are all tall 95th percentile or higher for height, and similarly for weight. (my oldest is a little plump, the others are not, but they're definitely solid muscular little guys, not skinny.

Of course my husband is 6'3"... and although I'm average height, most of my family is tall as well.

I just realized the other day that my ten year old's feet are bigger than mine when I had to borrow his snow boots to shovel the walk! That made an impression on me!

MahPitom

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 12:49 pm
My oldest was 30 lbs and she didn’t walk yet. Sadly, I lived in the attic and was highly pregnant with number 2. made her crawl up the 3 flights of stairs so I can carry the diaper bag and groceries and myself. Needless to say, my husband treated me to a recliner in the third trimester, so I could flip down and wheeze it off for 15 minutes.

zigi

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 12:55 pm
lol mahpitom! when I get to the door of the building. I don't need a membership to the gym. I'll try teaching him to crawl up the stairs.

myfriends715

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 9:19 pm
I'll join (for 1 twin only) ds was born 5'11 and at his 6month checkup was 19.5 he is in the 97% in weight (and hes short) he is wearing size 12 months- sometimes I can get him into a large 9 months... his sister is 15.9 and is in 3-6 or 6-9 clothing... if this keeps up ppl are gonna stop asking if they are twins SmileSmile

pninay

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 10:46 pm
wow this made me nervous, my ds was born 9.1 and at his 2 month check up he weighed 14.5 he's 3 months now and I know he got a lot heavier because I can feel it but I have to get him weighed. is this what im in for?? oh boy .. I have to start lifting weights!!!

zigi

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 11:52 pm
your baby won't be 30 pounds right away its gradual and you get used to it. but ds is still really heavy. I can't carry him all day long I sit with him on the floor and hold him.

zigi

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 4:21 pm
ds can wear some 18 month things. thanks for the size advice!

I didn't have him weighed yet but he really is heavy!

chavamom

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 4:48 pm
Mine all slow down/slim out once they start to walk.

momagain

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 5:08 pm
Boy oh boy, I can relate! My 10 month old is wearing size 18 months. Really not easy to carry around, but oh so edible!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 5:21 pm
MahPitom wrote:
My oldest was 30 lbs and she didn’t walk yet. Sadly, I lived in the attic and was highly pregnant with number 2. made her crawl up the 3 flights of stairs so I can carry the diaper bag and groceries and myself. Needless to say, my husband treated me to a recliner in the third trimester, so I could flip down and wheeze it off for 15 minutes.

sounds like 30 lbs at birth shock

as for me I had a big guy too ... 95th percentile ... he leveled out about age 5 or 6 ... and now you would never even know ... so much for dreaming of a 6 footer ... What

zigi

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 6:29 pm
I am trying to teach him to crawl up the stairs,

are you average size, greenfire? I was looking forward to having the younger kid look older than the oldest!

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 6:31 pm
Usually at one point they stretch and thin out. Not always but many times. Ds was so so chubby and heavy. Now he is average.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics