Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Carseats

rachie

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:39 am
I just bought the Britax Marathon carseat since my baby outgrew the snugride. My car is small and I find it very hard to see out of the back. Does anyone else have this problem? It is in the middle seat.

Hannah!

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 12:10 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

rachie

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:40 pm
it is ok there? I know the middle is the safest...(but notif you cant see I guess)

Ima2

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:38 pm
The middle seat IS supposedly the safest, but it's not unsafe to put the baby on the side. They are afraid that if in an accident if the car is hit on the side, that the baby will get the impact of the crash. But after watching this show many many many many years ago about this baby who was forward facing in the middle seat and was very seriously injured when a log from the truck infront of them dislodged and went right through the windshield, pinning the baby to his carseat by his head!! The baby survived without any major issues,B"H, but that story frieked me out. In my opinion, there's no real "safe" seat in a car. It all depends on how the car gets hit/crashes. The Britax IS a pretty big carseat. There are others that aren't that big that are just as safe and half the price. We use the Evenflo Triumph. I like it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics