Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
I want to Daven regularly, but I can't bring myself to

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:30 pm
I have some faith issues. I say Tehillim now and then though.

What should I do?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:26 pm
if you say a certain number of tehillim daily, that might fill your requirement-- ask your Rav.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:27 pm
ask your rav what you MUST do, and begin with that.

mamochka

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:35 pm
if you think you have some "faith" issue, read something that appeals to you about emunah (inspirational stories can be good as well) and may be even keep a diary of the things that happen during the day that you ar ethankful to Hashem for

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:37 pm
I don't have the same exact issue but for other reasons find it hard to daven. Tehilim seems more appropriate for me,since I have some troubles & stuff.Also I find brachos & shema also appropriate. I feel lots of guilt, but I do talk to Hashem.Maybe if there is something that you find has meaning to you, you could start with that. I hope it works for you, & me too.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:55 pm
amother wrote:

What should I do?

OP as crazy as it sounds, I went through a really hard period about two years ago (wow it really really was two years ago! it was purim that was like the lowest of low for me), and definitely was having major "emunah issues." Sometimes, saying tehillim was actually a "consolation" for me, almost like going to a psychiatrist! it just allowed me to "dump all my problems" onto someone else, like it says "shfoch al hashem yehovcha vehu yechalchelecha." It didnt "fix" anything, but sometimes it felt good to just pour my heart out to sometimes the only "One" who I thought was listening or cared. I dont know if hearing that helps you, I really hope it does, but I have to tell you, as much as my emunah was at its lowest point at that point, had I been irrelgious or an athiest or anything like that, I really really dont know what I wouldve done w/ myself or to myself. it was like my last "string" to hold on to, even if I couldnt hold that tight.

good luck Smile

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:57 pm
Amother, would davening in shul help? it does for me.

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:

What should I do?

Do you have faith issues as in you aren't sure if you believe in God, or do you have faith issues in terms of whether or not Tefila is effective or that someone is actually listening?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:18 pm
cassandra wrote:
Do you have faith issues as in you aren't sure if you believe in God, or do you have faith issues in terms of whether or not Tefila is effective or that someone is actually listening?
whether or not Tefila is effective.

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 10:59 am
Amother, maybe something on this page will interest you and inspire you to daven.

http://www.chabad.org/search/k.....r.htm

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 12:12 pm
talk to hashem in your own words and look out for the good that he always does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics