Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Book with message to teen girl that parents love her?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 3:10 pm
Can you think of any?

and any other Purim gift ideas for a teen girl.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 10:58 pm
I don’t think there’s a book like that. However if you give her an empty journal book, and put a note that says, “I love you so much, I can fill this book but chose to leave you wondering!” Just make up something cute. Subtle ‘private’ attention does magic. Seize the moment and take out the garbage together. You can make it a ‘me time’ and gain amazing love connection.

Imaonwheels

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:21 am
A book given can augment values given in the home or school for a small child. It may or may not in a preteen. Most of the frum novels are read only until kids grow out of the level of action. Giving a teen a book is like giving a lecture unless it is a very special book and the relationship is good.

You are the only person in the world who can tell your teen you love her and mean it. Make her favorite food, cut her a break in a chore once in a while, tell her thank you every time she helps. If you get up to make yourself a hot drink and she is sitting there reading make her one ,too. You get the idea. Show love and she will feel it. I was once asked by a rav, "How long will parents scream and growl and call it chinuch?".

mama-star

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 8:10 am
there is a sappy book called "love you forever" which is really a book for all ages. it's short and sweet and gets the point across. you can give it to your teenager with a card and tell her that you'll love her forever, too.

zufriedene

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 6:38 am
I am the type that always left notes for my children, all over the place, on the kitchen table,in pencil case, or under the pillow. any good book with a note inside expressing your thanks to HKBH for granting you this very particular neshame is a note of pure love.But with my teens grown, I know now that it's not notes that prove to them our love. being available, listening when u'r tired, going out for a walk or sharing u'r days event is what proves to them that u respect their sheer existence. Speaking to them directly when u'r surrounded by friends, not only to those important friends is what convinces our children that we love them and respect them/ Hatzlacha rabba, it does take years to see results but you'll get there IMH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children