Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Cabbage and Noodles, anybody?

sunshine!

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 8:49 am
I need an easy recipe for cabbage and noodles. I know the part about boiling up the noodles, so you can leave that out. What do I do with the cabbage to make it taste yummy?

Helani

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 8:54 am
Put a little bit of oil on the bottom of the pot put in cabbage and cover with lid. Keep on low flame for about an hour or until cabbage is all wilted and browning. then saute onions until golden brown. Mix it all together with noodles, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.

grin

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 9:06 am
great - now I have my low-cost cabbage recipe.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:35 am
when I add the salt and pepper, I add some sugar too. makes it really good! ( just a drop)

Esther23

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:15 pm
yes, make sure to add sugar.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:16 pm
I made this not too long ago and it was a big flop in our house. could be I forgot to add the sugar ...

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:18 pm
I just sautee a large onion, add coleslaw mix, add garlic salt and pepper. Then add egg noodles.

I add a bit of honey to the onions while they're sauteeing.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:28 pm
I guess I didn't add the sugar b/c if I want something sweet for a side, I would make something else. it seems weird to add ....

wtvr

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:35 pm
Just made it, from the Purple cookbook. Didn't add sugar. Never do. It tastes fine.

lovmyboys

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 1:33 pm
Helani wrote:
Put a little bit of oil on the bottom of the pot put in cabbage and cover with lid. Keep on low flame for about an hour or until cabbage is all wilted and browning. then saute onions until golden brown. Mix it all together with noodles, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.

what kind of noodles?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 1:43 pm
The honey that I add doesn't make it taste sweet, just adds some extra flavor. It just caramalizes the onions a bit.

I like using extra wide egg noodles.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 1:46 pm
wide or extra wide egg noodles, cooked.

Sautee cabbage and onions, season with salt, black pepper and paprika.

Toss with noodles.

lubmommy

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:49 am
My son made this for Shabbos and it was a hit! He sauteed a large onion, added chunked cabbage and let it steam. Then added a box of cooked whole wheat rotini and salt and pepper. Easy! Very Happy

yo'ma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 8:58 am
I use the bow tie noodles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes