Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
GPS with Israel maps

Chanie

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 8:34 pm
We want to take a GPS with us on our upcoming trip to Israel. (really dont want to lose our way in an Arab community) We have a Garmin, but cannot find any maps online for Israel. I also have access to a Mio and a TomTom. Does anyone know if any of those have Isreal maps I can get. What brands of GPS's are used in Israel?
Thanks.

Chanie

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 6:17 pm
does anyone in Israel use a GPS????

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 6:20 pm
ha! prob not! they all know the country like the back of their hands! You want to hire my husband? He used to be a driver in EY!

hila

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 1:51 am
We just bought a GPS - but so far it tried to take me in to Bet Lechem 3 times on my way home as I tried it out !

The store says I should bring it in to fix that.
It is a Pathfinder and has IGO installed on it.

Try the IGO maps. they are the ones usually used here I understand.

I am still reading the manual

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:10 am
I think with the GSP you're more likely to end up in Arab villages! We were in a taxi where the driver had one, but he kept ignoring it. We bought a map - dont remember exactly which one, I can find it if you want - and it had all the arab territories shaded, and we travelled all over the country and never got stuck someplace dangerous. It did mean that I was navigator on every trip we took, instead of relying on a machine, but I could see where we were and what was around us.

Ingrid

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 2:21 pm
There's a new road near where we live and every time we drive on it our GPS tells us we have left planet earth! In general it is helpful, but a lot of the time it tells you that you are in the shtachim even on roads that technically are not.

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 2:32 pm
lots of Israelis have GPS's, in fact youngest dd got it as part of her cellphone plan, not that she needs it that much but she enjoys it...in any case there are maps and sites, just google and find them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions