Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do you manage work and pesach cleaning?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

How do you balance Pesach Cleaning and Work?
I cut back on sleep and work late nights  
 23%  [ 10 ]
My husband helps alot  
 25%  [ 11 ]
cleaning help  
 27%  [ 12 ]
taking some time off work  
 6%  [ 3 ]
other (explain in your post)  
 16%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 43

tovasmom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 3:25 pm
Me, I work until 6, then have to make dinner, do homework with two or three little ones, put kids to bed and then I can deal with whatever work there is. As a result the top floor of the house is finished (a group effort by dh, dd, ds, ds and me -- the other dd only messes) and I have the first floor, including kitchen, basement, playroom, etc. to go. Plus all of the pre-yom tov preparation to do while working, and the 6 extra people I am squeezing into the house for yom tov. Needless to say, I am completely freaking out! And I tried for some cleaning help, but the person who I hired was completely useless. Help

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 3:52 pm
Yes, I know. With so much to do, many families don't start on time. Not us,. but really big families, of really little kids.

One year, friends didn't start until MIDNIGHT the 2nd night.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 4:56 pm
If you’re going to call cleaning help for a few times, may I suggest you call two ladies at once? I’m not meshuga, it works! If you take one day to clean and you have 1 lady to help, then you need another day… and another. Get it done twice as fast at the same time. Takes some planning but it’s worth it.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 4:57 pm
Like hiring a "crew". I'd like that ...........

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:02 pm
Ruchel wrote:
The Cohens probably are like most frum families I know, not so much into cleaning! lol (sometimes I even feel like a decent balabuste).
Yeah BH rabbis from all sides and hashkafos are talking against Pessach madness...

I think they should ban it! (not the cleaning, the madness!) So people who don't scrub legos with toothbrushes (I used to, now I sell them) don't feel like chopped liver....

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:11 pm
I looooove chopped liver .......

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:12 pm
Mimivan, I put all the toys into zippered pillowcases and wash them n gentle and dry. THEN I sell some and keep some for playing on Pesach. You can’t just sell it without inspecting them for chometz. So washing it is easier than wiping each pc.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:14 pm
I work and dh will do most of it since he has off. we do only the minimum required by halacha. the problem with us is that there is food everywhere and also our place is a wreck so it needs to be cleaned before pesach cleaning. oh well, not my headache.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:16 pm
MahPitom wrote:
Mimivan, I put all the toys into zippered pillowcases and wash them n gentle and dry. THEN I sell some and keep some for playing on Pesach. You can’t just sell it without inspecting them for chometz. So washing it is easier than wiping each pc.

if you sell chometz gamus, sure you can.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:18 pm
Whah! So you just sell whatever you don’t wanna clean? Never heard of that!

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:33 pm
MahPitom wrote:

Wow, thanks Mah Pitom...

as with the your cholent recipe...we should have "met" years ago...would have saved me alot of bland cholent shabbosim and sore elbows from scrubbing legos...

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:33 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I looooove chopped liver .......

I feel like chopped liver now..in a good way...meaning I want some! (no chance...none in the fridge)

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:36 pm
You might want to schedule some mirpesset time while the lego is in the wash. What cholent?

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:39 pm
Ok so I only really clean on sundays during the week is very stressful for me with work and all.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:44 pm
mimivan wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
The Cohens probably are like most frum families I know, not so much into cleaning! lol (sometimes I even feel like a decent balabuste).
Yeah BH rabbis from all sides and hashkafos are talking against Pessach madness...

I think they should ban it! (not the cleaning, the madness!) So people who don't scrub legos with toothbrushes (I used to, now I sell them) don't feel like chopped liver....

Why would you need to scrub Lego with a toothbrush for Pesach? Is there really anything that could get stuck to a piece of Lego that would be considered chametz?

This is a real question. Maybe my cleaning really *is* too lax.

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:44 pm
mimivan wrote:
MahPitom wrote:

Wow, thanks Mah Pitom...

as with the your cholent recipe...we should have "met" years ago...would have saved me alot of bland cholent shabbosim and sore elbows from scrubbing legos...

wow, this is so smart. what a tzaidaikes!!!!!!!! I have two baskets of toys drying in my bathtub as we speak!!!!!! I actually want to clean my toys even if it werent' for pesach. tomorrow the dryer is going to sound so noisy, I am so excited that I might even off my neighbor the same luxury.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:45 pm
As I was putting the legos into the pillowcase today, I found rice cake in the box etc. You really do need to go through it. Even if there is a legal crumb stuck to it, I’d rather have it cleaned in case the kids put it on a table or counter during Pesach!

MahPitom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:47 pm
Whatever doesn’t survive this ritual gets dumped. Dolls, I wash with detergent, and rinse a second cycle with conditioner. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm then I treat myself to brushing the hair, dressing them nicely and packing it away,. sh!!!!!111 don’t tell anyone.

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:50 pm
MahPitom wrote:
You might want to schedule some mirpesset time while the lego is in the wash. What cholent?

Remember there was some kind of recipe thread and you shared your secret for the cholent...coffee and soy sauce...and I said I had discovered this after years of wracking my brain...but you were doing it all along..??

(I don't remember which thread...sorry)

Anyway, that tip allowed my husband to agree to let me make cholent again.. LOL

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 5:52 pm
Barbara wrote:
mimivan wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

Why would you need to scrub Lego with a toothbrush for Pesach? Is there really anything that could get stuck to a piece of Lego that would be considered chametz?

This is a real question. Maybe my cleaning really *is* too lax.

it depends on whether or not your toddler plays with toys at the table and your level of sanity (this time of year, mine is quite low LOL ) And try getting a crumb out of the center of a lego (where the little hole is) with your finger..hence the toothbrush or Q tip

Last edited by mimivan on Wed, Apr 02 2008, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics