Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Afraid of being too happy

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:00 am
Does anyone else feel this way??
My life is perfect bh. I have the most amazing husband and just had the cutest baby. But I have so many friends that deserve it so much more than I do and are such good people that are having problems in their marriages or trouble having kids. I cant stop thinking that something bad will happen to someone that I love chas vshalom. I barely ever daven and am not so careful about so many things so why should I have such a wonderful life??

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:04 am
you are normal.
and not the only one that feels that way sometimes.
it is a very weird feeling. like "why cant I just be happy? why do I have to be upset about being happy?"
but I do get scared sometimes about if things will always go so smoothly.
I dunno, no advice.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:17 am
I understand what u are saying, u know what I daven for, I should have a bunch of tiny problems rather then a few big ones, everytime something happens that causes me some pain I get happy. sometimes hashem gives u nisyonos but bec u are a happy positive person u just pass it with flying colors and dont even realize u had some now. whats best to do is be good, look for good deeds and zechusim u can do

chayitty

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:23 am
wow thats exactly how I feel....I was just telling dh that its so scary...cuz its like im waiting for something bad to happen ch"v....but I try and push those thoughts away and enjoy wat I have now..b"h

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 1:13 pm
If you want problems, I can give you some of mine.
Just kidding, life's great even with all these problems, makes you appreciate the good stuff like my kids. They are the cutest things ever created. I'm serious!

Squash

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 1:35 pm
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
I understand what u are saying, u know what I daven for, I should have a bunch of tiny problems rather then a few big ones, everytime something happens that causes me some pain I get happy. sometimes hashem gives u nisyonos but bec u are a happy positive person u just pass it with flying colors and dont even realize u had some now. whats best to do is be good, look for good deeds and zechusim u can do

that is a great attitude. I try to do that also. when I have agmas nefesh from something I say "zol men upkimmen mit dem" let this be the kaporah, and if aggravation is bashert for me, let it be this.

I also have these negative thoughts so often. but I try to remind myself that it's the yetzer hora trying to pull me down.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 4:08 pm
be happy, bh.

Yakira

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 5:42 pm
Just try to take one day at a time and enjoy and appreciate life right now. Its hard not to think about problems that might crop us, but try to just focus on the here and now.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 6:55 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone else feel this way??
My life is perfect bh. I have the most amazing husband and just had the cutest baby. But I have so many friends that deserve it so much more than I do and are such good people that are having problems in their marriages or trouble having kids. I cant stop thinking that something bad will happen to someone that I love chas vshalom. I barely ever daven and am not so careful about so many things so why should I have such a wonderful life??

I used to feel like this. When I started feeling like a better person bad things started happening to me, but I was able to handle them. I think sometimes people have easy lives because they couldn't stand the hardships, but once they get stronger and are able to handle things better then they are tested more. Just my $.02.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 8:16 pm
like ayin horah, or .....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics