Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Strange responsibitlies you have at work..
Previous  1  2

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:01 pm
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:
Someone at my company died and I was asked to go through his files to remove all evidence of extramarital infidelities, before his wife came in to collect his things.

and you did it? women need to help each others
Okay, Ruchel, I'm coming out of my amother hiding place to answer this, because I am the one who was asked to remove evidence of the affairs.

My co-workers knew of his affairs, and were afraid that his soon-to-be widow (he was in a coma at the time, and was about to die) would be heart-broken to find evidence of infidelity in his files. I knew that if they weren't gone through, it would hurt her. So I initially complied, because I didn't want her to find anything that a) he wouldn't want his family to see and b) that would make the loss more complicated and painful. I started the project and wound up walking off. Not because of the wife, but because I was also sad about him and the task was just too emotional and weird. I didn't know what I should do, frankly, so I said I just couldn't handle it.

It was a moral dilemma I still think about from time to time. I have an acquaintance who, when he died, left behind some things that revealed to his children that he had led a secret life. I don't know what should be done in those cases, when there's time to do something.

I totally agree with your sentiment, Ruchel. Women absolutely need to help eachother. Sometimes I'm just not sure how to help without hurting.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:05 pm
I think I see what you mean now.

chayitty

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:14 pm
I agree that we should help eachother but at this point when her husband is dead wat good deos it really do?? it will just make it harder for her..grieving her husband and being mad at him..plus being humilated and so many more horriable feelings!! she cant even ask him for an explaination or for an apology. so I think her not finding out might be the best option...not a good one but the lesser of the 2 evils

ny_ima

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:05 pm
at first I was sure this was a winner:
Quote:
Someone at my company died and I was asked to go through his files to remove all evidence of extramarital infidelities, before his wife came in to collect his things.

but then I decided to vote for this:
Quote:
I once had to ship a stool sample for my boss.

I was set up to lie for major client as in give false credit reports to manipulate his credit line...when I did not comply, this client no longer does business with me. I dont want to lie.

Last edited by ny_ima on Fri, Apr 11 2008, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:11 pm
Op I do feel for you if u were me which I know u aint but still Wink I would have quit a day later what chutzpah some bosses have Mad

louche

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 8:15 am
Clarissa wrote:
I was the oldest kid there, being in my late 20's at the time. Nobody asked me to dance.

Count your blessings. Did you really want to dance with someone who comes up to your chin?

Clarissa

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 9:03 am
Hey, I'm not quite 5'2". It might be fun to feel Amazonian.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics