Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Do Teens really eat soo much or is it just mine?
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 1:40 pm
I mean I'm talking about teens tall solid NOT FAT and they can walk into the closet filled w/h food and leave an hr later with B"h leaving the closet bare. Is this normal Scratching Head
Like this morning btw 3 boys a whole loaf of bread went half a haolam cheese pack of 108 slices 2 cans of tuna, 3 tomatoes and this was just breakfast plus one decided he was still hungry and had milk and cereal Exclamation
I don't mind I guess if I'm told it's normal but sounds like they've been starved in yeshiva so making it up for it here Wink

willow

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 3:08 pm
Frelich, I am going to tell you that it is completely normal. I have five brothers all tall and not an inch of fat on them. When they come home from Yeshivah my parents food bill rises tremendouly. They are hungry all the time and eat a ton. So just enjoy feeding them Very Happy ( that is if you like to cook) and say Baruch H-shem that they are healthy. ( I also endulge in a little healthy feeling of being jealous, of how much they can eat and not gain a pound, while I....) Twisted Evil Wink

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 4:18 pm
Quote:
also endulge in a little healthy feeling of being jealous, of how much they can eat and not gain a pound, while I....)

I know thats the other thing how come my relative can eat half a choc cake just like that and he stays slim make one wonder if he eats the rest of the year Twisted Evil

Tovah

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 4:22 pm
my mother in law always says you need to be stocked up for when the boys come home for yeshiva. so I guess it's normal.

anyways u should see what she cooks for her boys.

willow

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 5:47 pm
Frelich it is either because they are born " blessed with a fast metabolism" : . Or they only really eat like that when we see them, and they starve the rest of the time. (yeah right) Wink Exclamation Exclamation Once I was complaining about how hard it is to lose weight and my super skinny brother who eats more then all of us combined looks at me and says in all seriouness " it is all about self-control" Twisted Evil That kid knows nothing about self-control. LOL

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 7:08 pm
So now they have requested a really healthy supper Rolling Eyes french fries, hot dogs and corn. Well I asked my son then he'll have to peel to which he answered we'll need approx a 10lb bag but don't worry mummy I'll help shock . Look what do I care if he's the one peeling Twisted Evil
But oh it does make my day when they say b"h for real food when they come home. and how they loved shabbos and said they missed it.
One more emotional thing was, I had to sit on the couch in our dining room right after kiddush b/c I felt exhausted so when the kiddush cup was poured into u know those fountains well each of my sons surrounded me w/h one. so I should have first, as opposed to just one kid doing that they all wanted the opportunity. Now isn"t that special Crying

technic

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 7:15 pm
THOSE r the moments that make all the teething, sleepless nites etc worthwhile Very Happy

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 8:12 pm
Wow, What nachas for you freilich!

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 17 2005, 12:29 am
Willow and Tovah thanks 4 telling me it's normal was starting to wonder Tongue Out
and
Tech and Rochel Leah yep now and later we can shep nachas b/c at these moments we feel like the luckiest people alive
and how I told them it made me feel so happy to be appreciated by each of them. Tongue Out

shanie5

Post Mon, Oct 17 2005, 7:29 am
one lady told me her son uses a salad bowl for a cereal bowl
sometimes I watch my teens eat and probably turn green thinking about how much they just injested LOL LOL
my 14 yr old daughter is like that too-not just the boys eat!!!

Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 17 2005, 8:42 am
freilich, that's beautiful! may you have much more nachas from them! iyh

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 17 2005, 10:49 am
Shanie5 I was a girl once and I assure u I never even came close to eating like that, nor any of my sis shock but being forwarned is being forearmed and I'll keep an eye on my 3 yr old dd then Wink
Pearl
Thank-You Wink

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 18 2005, 2:25 pm
oh my I thought my husband eats a lot thanks for informing me that he doesnt even though he CLAIMS THAT I JUST DON;T GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO EAT AS MUCH AS SOME OF THE BOYS YOU GUYS MENTIONED

imaamy

Post Tue, Oct 18 2005, 3:16 pm
I can't get over--really 50 pieces of cheese Freilich? What a tummy ache!!

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 4:35 pm
actually that makes it a little bit more than fifteen pieces per boy that is not so bad here is a menu of my husbands breakfast this is almost everyday like three to four times a week. unhealthy I know but this is what it is.

five to seven eggs
a half a loaf of bread sometimes more
two sour creams (israeli ones, about a half american one)
half a package of salty cheese or a package of soft square cheese it comes around eight in a package.

boys are just big eaters I must say.

shanie5

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 10:14 pm
supermom-I think im gonna be sick Pale Drunken Smile

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 10:34 pm
ImamyIt was split btw the 3 Tongue Out
Supermom Do u make this 4 u'r husband or does he do it himself Phew Tongue Out
Quote:
actually that makes it a little bit more than fifteen pieces per boy

And I didn't actually count if it was exactly half u know Rolling Eyes But I know 4 sure that I'm not far off Exclamation

raizy

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 12:21 am
freileich u made my night! yes my hubby a big eater told me that it is normal.

I have one ? for u 10lps of pototoes or 10lps of corn? I am starting to be scared is that what I am in for . I have kh 3 boys and the oldest eat just as much as me or more. help.

lucky

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 2:00 am
When I got married my husband used to eat tons, but he slowly got used to eating less. Now he eats very little but is still overweight:(.

supermom

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 8:26 am
freilich wrote:
ImamyIt was split btw the 3 Tongue Out
Supermom Do u make this 4 u'r husband or does he do it himself Phew Tongue Out

either I make it for him or he does it himself but when he does it himself he adds in two potatoes cut up, a can of corn, and three onions to make it more filling.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children