Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Weighing teenage girls in school
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 7:26 am
Let's say if they bash think as much as they bash fat and encourage normal, it's less problematic about eating disorders. But I doubt!

baba

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 7:39 am
They should have just had lectures for the parents (with the kids)! These girls are too young to be able to change their diets on their own. It's very nice if they realizes there's a problem, but if the parents keep on buying junk, soda's and other unhealthy food, nothing is going to change.

MahPitom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 8:36 am
HooRYou wrote:
apple24, I don't know where you went to shcool, but in the school I went to in the US after the nurse found like 1-2 lice in my hair I was sent home and NO ONE would play with me for weeks since I was the "dirty" kid who had lice.

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 8:47 am
MahPitom wrote:
HooRYou wrote:
apple24, I don't know where you went to shcool, but in the school I went to in the US after the nurse found like 1-2 lice in my hair I was sent home and NO ONE would play with me for weeks since I was the "dirty" kid who had lice.

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about.

sorry it does not compare to weight issues ... who on earth wants to catch lice shock they multiply quickly and transfer bodies - while weight stays on the person looked at ...

again bring in the nutritionist - discuss issues ... perhaps even have her available for the kids to come to ... but forced weigh-ins would be a horror to anyone ...

MahPitom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 8:57 am
The trouble with lice is, nobody is breeding them on their own. If they have it, they caught it from someone! To ostracize a kid because she has a nit on her head is awful.

On the other hand, in most cases and according to most opinions, obesity (or underweight) can be linked to something. Most often, a direct cause to the person’s eating habits and metabolism. Which one makes more sense to deal with the person directly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MahPitom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 8:58 am
Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 12:58 pm
I think it's outrageous. Yet another example of how schools are taking over the role of parents. And you weren't asked whether you permitted this?!

I protest for different reasons that many posted here. Not about embarrassment, not about possible repercussions, but because THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO INTERFERE IN THIS WAY. If a teacher has a concern about a particular girl, let her call the parent. I'll repeat WEIGHING THEM IN SCHOOL IS OUTRAGEOUS.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 1:07 pm
MahPitom wrote:
The trouble with lice is, nobody is breeding them on their own. If they have it, they caught it from someone! To ostracize a kid because she has a nit on her head is awful.

On the other hand, in most cases and according to most opinions, obesity (or underweight) can be linked to something. Most often, a direct cause to the person’s eating habits and metabolism. Which one makes more sense to deal with the person directly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they only breed if you let them ... if you are on top of a situation and clean it - they will not have that chance ... nit picking ain't fun ... but if you are diligent can rid of them rather quick ...

the whole world functions on eating ... everything we do is eating ... eat eat eat ... hard not to want food Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 1:51 pm
I'm with Manhattanmom. I think it's really bad news and should not be done. As a matter of fact I think I remember them doing it to me in the 7th grade. I don't remember what I weighed but I DO remember finding out EXACTLY how much the fattest girl in the class weighed - 75 kilos. So, isn't it interesting that I remember this till today?

I agree with those who are for the lecture but VERY against the weighing.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 3:59 pm
75 kilos? around 12 years? oy va voy, poor thing Sad

raizy

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 2:48 am
165 is bad. but I remember going on a scale with my cousin who was rail thin. and she told me I was so fat at 100 pounds at 12 yrs. looking back I shouldnt have believed her. I was so good looking then. so kids comment can really hurt others.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 4:35 pm
I remember in 8th grade some of my classmates took it on themselves to walk around telling all the skinny girls that they were fat and all the fat girls that they were skinny. I was called skinny and how it hurt!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children