Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Share your dairy cheese cake recipe !
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Tamiri

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:16 am
I want to make this too. I bought 5% and 9% but... Shabri, you did not mention the size container! There is 250g, 500g, 750g... I bought 2 containers of 500g... do you use a kg of cheese to make this? Or should I just use half and save the other half to make another cake next week? HELP PLEASE.

shabri

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 5:33 am
250 grams--sorry should have been more specific. It makes enough for a grahm cracker pie crust or a square pan. On pesach I doubled it (used matza meal instead of flour) and made a 9x13 pan and it was great.

but I will say again, the key is to let it cool a REALLY LONG time in the oven. 3-4 hours I would say. Its so delish.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 5:55 am
I've shared mine before ... it's somewhere roaming this site ... Mr. Green

sunshine!

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:01 pm
New York Style Cheesecake

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter or marg, melted
5 pkg (8 oz each) block cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 tbsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Mix crumbs, sugar and butter, press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350' for 10 minutes.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Blend in our cream and pour over crust.

Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes until center is almost set. Run knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake and allow to cool completely before removing pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with cherry pie filling if desired. ENJOY!

Tamiri

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:15 pm
shabri wrote:
250 grams--sorry should have been more specific. It makes enough for a grahm cracker pie crust or a square pan. On pesach I doubled it (used matza meal instead of flour) and made a 9x13 pan and it was great.

but I will say again, the key is to let it cool a REALLY LONG time in the oven. 3-4 hours I would say. Its so delish.

Okay, BH we are a nice-size family, a 9x13 will be great for Shabbat morning then for Seuda Shlishit. I will try and make it tomorrow night, after all the festivities. Doesn't look too hard!

TSR

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 2:10 am
This is a link to a short list of really yummy looking cheese cakes. I haven't tried any of them and some look a tad complicated but they look so good. If I have the time I definitely plan to try one. http://www.bakeorbreak.com/cat.....akes/

freidasima

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 8:48 am
isn't it unhealthy to use raw eggs? Tamiri your no bake with gelatin sounds great, until I got to the part of whipping two raw egg whites and mix with whipped creme and mix into the mixture and freeze...that would never go over here...we are really makpid never to eat any kind of raw egg product...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 8:45 am
bump in anticipation of shavous

willow

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 11:14 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Black Bottom Cream Cheese Bars (easy to freeze and defrost)

Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups chocolate chips, melted

Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Press into well greased 9" square or 7 x 11" pan.

Filling:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Beat sugar, brown sugar, butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
Spread over crust. Bake at 325 F for 38-43 minutes until light golden brown and set. Cool for 30 minutes.

Glaze:
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract plus 2 teaspoons water
1-2 teaspoons water

In small saucepan, over low heat, melt all glaze ingredients, stirring constatnly until smooth. drizzle over warm bars. refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Cut into 36 bars.

How do I do this with no packages of cream cheese. What is the Israeli equivalent?

Shap_E

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:44 am
willow wrote:

How do I do this with no packages of cream cheese. What is the Israeli equivalent?

An 8 oz. package of cream cheese is about a cup. (That was your question, not what to use instead of cream cheese, right?)

willow

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:52 am
So I take sour cream (right you can't get cream cheese here?) and make cream cheese then use a cup of it?
I have never made cheese cake before and I am determined this year to do it even if I have to borrow someone else's oven ( I don't have milchig one)

Shap_E

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 2:53 am
willow wrote:
So I take sour cream (right you can't get cream cheese here?) and make cream cheese then use a cup of it?
I have never made cheese cake before and I am determined this year to do it even if I have to borrow someone else's oven ( I don't have milchig one)

Yep. Smile Also, here is a basic recipe for a great new york style cheesecake (not exactly dietetic but so, so yummy). I've never used this exact recipe but this is the type of recipe I always use (can't find the one I usually use). Anyway, it got great reviews so I wouldn't be too scared and it seems really easy. It calls for 4 (8 oz.) packages so you would use 4 cups of the cream cheese that you make. IIRC, to make 4 cups of cream cheese, you would need about 6 containers of sour cream but I'm not sure and it could be more. You could always do 8 and if you have leftover just use it as cream cheese. Oh and this recipe calls for a cup of regular sour cream as well. Btw, you can get cream cheese here, I think it's called napoleon? It's very expensive though so I definitely wouldn't recommend it for a cheesecake. One other thing, I use the highest percentage fat sour cream to make my cream cheese.
Good luck!
Oops, forgot to post the link:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/C......aspx

willow

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:53 am
Shap_E, thank you for taking the time to type all of that.

Shap_E

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 3:57 am
My pleasure! Always willing to help when it comes to cheesecake. Very Happy

Shap_E

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 5:27 am
Ok, here is a recipe that is closer to what I usually make. This is with a sour cream topping.
http://teriskitchen.com/cakes/cheese-b.html

#1cook

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 2:06 am
cheese cake

8 eggs separated
2 cups sugar
2 Tbs. vanilla sugar
1 lb. farmer cheese
2 (8 oz) containers cream cheese
4 heaping Tbs. flour
5 graham cracker pie shells

beat egg whites till stiff. mix rest of ing. well fold into whites pour into shells bake on 350 degrees 45-60 min.
I baked mine in a toaster oven and they were ready in 35 min.

you can top with cherry pie filling or sour cream mixed with a drop of confection sugar or any other cheese cake topping you want.

#1cook

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 2:12 am
simple delicious cheese snack

16 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
round cookies (to fit into cupcake holders)

blend cream cheese sugar, and vanilla add eggs mix well put cookies into cupcake holders fill with mixture bake 375 degrees 15-20 min.

you can bake in a graham pie crust on 350 degrees 35 min.

#1cook

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 2:26 am
This recipe has a lot of steps but is very easy to make and is sinfully good

Trifle Bowl Delight

brown roll cake cut into 1/2 inch slices
bag of glick chocolate balls

Beat in Bowl #1
8 oz whip topping

Beat in Bowl #2
2 J&J cram cheese (silver package)
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs. milk
2/3 cup confectionery sugar

fold bowl #1 and #2 together

nut mixture
1/2 cup ground filberts
2 bars grated white milk chocolate

layer in trifle bowl cheese mixture-roll cake-nut nut mixture-cheese mixture-cake-nut mixture-cheese mixture-top with glick balls

downsyndrome

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 7:59 am
Here goes:

Crush 1/2 - 3/4 bag vanilla cookies
Place crumbs in 9" round pan
Add several spats butter
Place in oven (300 - 350 degrees) for coupla' minutes, until butter melts; remove; toss crumbs with butter, then flatten down mixture to form crust

Cheese Recipe:
1 lb. farmer cheese
1 sm. sour cream
3 whole eggs
3/4 - 1 cup sugar
1 tsp./scoop vanilla sugar
1 tbspn. lemon juice
3 tbspns. flour

Blend all ingredients. Pour over crust. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

Toppings:
Cherry/Blueberry Pie Filling
Sour Cream Topping - (Which then can get caramel decoration, chocolate drizzling, etc.)Remove cheese pie from oven 10 minutes b/4 done; let cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Take several tbspns. sour cream, mix with some sugar and spread over cheese pie; place back in oven for remaining 10 minutes. Remove. Cool, then chill.

When cheese pie is chilled, I cut the foil pan away and place it on a round platter; it looks real nice, especially when I have the pie filling drip down the sides of the cheese pie strategically.

toni

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 3:30 pm
#1cook wrote:
cheese cake

8 eggs separated
2 cups sugar
2 Tbs. vanilla sugar
1 lb. farmer cheese
2 (8 oz) containers cream cheese
4 heaping Tbs. flour
5 graham cracker pie shells

beat egg whites till stiff. mix rest of ing. well fold into whites pour into shells bake on 350 degrees 45-60 min.
I baked mine in a toaster oven and they were ready in 35 min.

you can top with cherry pie filling or sour cream mixed with a drop of confection sugar or any other cheese cake topping you want.

Hi #1cook, do you think that I could half this recipe?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus