Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Share your dairy cheese cake recipe !
Previous  1  2  3  4

#1cook

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 10:53 pm
toni wrote:
#1cook wrote:
cheese cake

8 eggs separated
2 cups sugar
2 Tbs. vanilla sugar
1 lb. farmer cheese
2 (8 oz) containers cream cheese
4 heaping Tbs. flour
5 graham cracker pie shells

beat egg whites till stiff. mix rest of ing. well fold into whites pour into shells bake on 350 degrees 45-60 min.
I baked mine in a toaster oven and they were ready in 35 min.

you can top with cherry pie filling or sour cream mixed with a drop of confection sugar or any other cheese cake topping you want.

Hi #1cook, do you think that I could half this recipe?

sure I've done it before the only thing is you will have extra batter because 1/2 recipe makes 2 1/2 pies but you could make cupcakes with it.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 10:54 am
Here's a new one:

Double Chocolate Cheesecake

Crust - you can use a chocolate premade crust or crunch up 24 Oreo (sandwich) type cookies; makes about 2 cups of ground cookies

Filling:

4 (four) 8 oz cream cheese boxes, softened
1 cup sugar
2 T flour
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz melted chocolate, any kind
4 eggs

You grind the cookies and put it in your 13 by 9 pan. You can mix with a little (1/4 cup) butter to hold it together; I never do that.

Then you mix all your other ingredients; hand mixer or blender is useful. Pour over crust & bake until done.

Chill and serve cold. Loves it !!!!

mommalah

Post Sat, May 30 2009, 9:19 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Here goes:

Crush 1/2 - 3/4 bag vanilla cookies
Place crumbs in 9" round pan
Add several spats butter
Place in oven (300 - 350 degrees) for coupla' minutes, until butter melts; remove; toss crumbs with butter, then flatten down mixture to form crust

Cheese Recipe:
1 lb. farmer cheese
1 sm. sour cream
3 whole eggs
3/4 - 1 cup sugar
1 tsp./scoop vanilla sugar
1 tbspn. lemon juice
3 tbspns. flour

Blend all ingredients. Pour over crust. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

Toppings:
Cherry/Blueberry Pie Filling
Sour Cream Topping - (Which then can get caramel decoration, chocolate drizzling, etc.)Remove cheese pie from oven 10 minutes b/4 done; let cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Take several tbspns. sour cream, mix with some sugar and spread over cheese pie; place back in oven for remaining 10 minutes. Remove. Cool, then chill.

When cheese pie is chilled, I cut the foil pan away and place it on a round platter; it looks real nice, especially when I have the pie filling drip down the sides of the cheese pie strategically.

Thank you for this recipe. I made it for Shavuos and everyone loved it.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 14 2010, 11:34 am
bump for shavous

misteray

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 5:22 pm
I haven't made this yet, but just found it searching online. Sounded good to me!

Low Fat Cheesecake with Berries

Prep Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 5 hours, 20 minutes

Ingredients:
•15 ginger or vanilla wafer cookies
•Cooking spray
•1 8-ounce pack fat free cream cheese, softened
•1 8-ounce pack light cream cheese, softened
•1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
•1 egg
•4 egg whites
•Zest and juice of 1 lemon
•1 cup sugar
•2 cups seasonal berries

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Place cookies in a small food processor and make crumbs—or place cookies in a large resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Scatter crumbs in the bottom of the pan and press down. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.

Meanwhile, place cream cheeses and cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl or in a blender. Beat with an electric mixer or blend until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat/blend into cream cheese mixture, followed by egg whites, beating until blended. Add lemon juice, zest and sugar, and beat/blend until well combined.

Empty cheesecake filling into springform pan. Bake in oven for 50 minutes, until the center is almost set. Remove from oven. Run a palette knife around the outside of the cheesecake to allow air to circulate a little, and cool on a wire rack. Carefully remove rim of pan, then chill for at least 4 hours.

Top with berries.

Serves 12

saw50st8

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 10:46 pm
Got this from a friend, making it tomorrow night:

White Chocolate Cheesecake
Crust:
5 oz graham crackers OR Nilla Wafers
1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts (optional)
1/4 c unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Filling:
12 oz white chocolate chopped in small pieces
1/2 c heavy cream
3 8 oz packages cream cheese
1/4 c sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla

Topping:
1 3/4 c sour cream
1/3 c sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 9" springform. Melt butter. Crush crumbs, mix with butter and cinnamon, press into springform. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Cool pan on a wire rack.

Lower oven temp to 300

Melt the white chocolate and cream together until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.

Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. Slowly beat in white chocolate mixture and vanilla. Pour into the crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, being careful not to brown the top.

Increase oven to 400.

Prepare topping by mixing sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Pour over the cheesecake and bake for only 5-7 minutes more. Turn off the oven and let the cake sit inside for 1 more hour. Decorate with white chocolate curls if desired, and dust lightly with cocoa powder.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 12:48 pm
bump

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:05 pm
bump

saw50st8

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:16 pm
This is really good:

Crust:
Preheat oven to 350
6-8 ounces graham crackers or nilla wafers (whichever you prefer)
1/2 c blanched hazelnuts, toasted
1/4 c unsalted butter (you might need a little more)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend crackers, nuts, and cinnamon. Mix w/ melted butter, press into 9 inch springform. Bake for 5-7 minutes, then remove pan to cool on a rack. Note: my springform is 10 inches, and this recipe works with a 10". You need more crumbs/butter, but NOT more filling. If you don't have a springform, I strongly recommend the La Forme brand. It's the best by far of any I've ever used. I've actually chucked 3 others b/c of leaking at the bottom, rusting, etc.

Filling:
Lower oven temperature to 300
Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up

12 oz white chocolate, broken into small pieces
1/2 c heavy cream
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon + vanilla (I always add a smidge extra:))

Melt the white chocolate with the heavy cream until smooth, stirring frequently (double boiler is best for this). Set aside.

Beat cream cheese and sugar with hand/or stand mixer. Add eggs one at a time. Slowly mix in the white chocolate/ cream mixture. Add the vanilla.

Pour the filling into the crust and bake on the sheet in the oven for 45-55 minutes, taking care not to brown the top at all.

Remove cake from oven, place on a rack.

Increase oven temp to 400.

Tooping:
1 3/4 c sour cream
1/4 c sugar
2 teasp vanilla

Whisk together, pour over cheesecake.

Bake for 6 minutes more, turn off the oven, however leave the cheesecake in the oven for at least one more hour.

Add white chocolate curls (made with white chocolate and crisco... google recipe...) and *lightly* dust with cocoa powder for appearance.

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:25 pm
if I'm looking for a cheesecake without crust can I just use any and make it in a greased pan without the crust?

saw50st8

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:27 pm
Yes.

egam

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:30 pm
I use the same recipe as saw50st8 for Shavuos for many years and it's very good and always a hit. I just omit the crust, since my DH prefer it crust less and use less white chocolate (about 8 oz.) so it's not overly sweet.

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:35 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
This is really good:

Crust:
Preheat oven to 350
6-8 ounces graham crackers or nilla wafers (whichever you prefer)
1/2 c blanched hazelnuts, toasted
1/4 c unsalted butter (you might need a little more)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend crackers, nuts, and cinnamon. Mix w/ melted butter, press into 9 inch springform. Bake for 5-7 minutes, then remove pan to cool on a rack. Note: my springform is 10 inches, and this recipe works with a 10". You need more crumbs/butter, but NOT more filling. If you don't have a springform, I strongly recommend the La Forme brand. It's the best by far of any I've ever used. I've actually chucked 3 others b/c of leaking at the bottom, rusting, etc.

Filling:
Lower oven temperature to 300
Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up

12 oz white chocolate, broken into small pieces
1/2 c heavy cream
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon + vanilla (I always add a smidge extra:))

Melt the white chocolate with the heavy cream until smooth, stirring frequently (double boiler is best for this). Set aside.

Beat cream cheese and sugar with hand/or stand mixer. Add eggs one at a time. Slowly mix in the white chocolate/ cream mixture. Add the vanilla.

Pour the filling into the crust and bake on the sheet in the oven for 45-55 minutes, taking care not to brown the top at all.

Remove cake from oven, place on a rack.

Increase oven temp to 400.

Tooping:
1 3/4 c sour cream
1/4 c sugar
2 teasp vanilla

Whisk together, pour over cheesecake.

Bake for 6 minutes more, turn off the oven, however leave the cheesecake in the oven for at least one more hour.

Add white chocolate curls (made with white chocolate and crisco... google recipe...) and *lightly* dust with cocoa powder for appearance.

this does look really good thanx for the info about the crust. I wish I had a printer...

Fiveboyz

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 11:00 pm
Looking through these recipes and trying to find a sour cream loaf cake preferably with nuts. Thanks!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus