Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Polite times to call
Previous  1  2

Seraph

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:43 am
Tamiri wrote:

Breslov, no one has a clue that you keep American hours and need to sleep in. I, too, would suggest turning off the ringer if I needed to sleep during daylight hours. In fact, the ringer in our bedroom is off so that if someone calls when I am resting, I don't hear the phone ring. If it's very important, the answering machine picks up and I can hear that (it's in our room) and I can jump out of bed if it's an emergency or someone I MUST talk to.

Well, if u dont know me, then call me at a SAFE time- noon, and if I dont answer, leave a message and I'll call u back.
even if I didnt keep american hours, I sitll think its rude to call before 9 am minimum...

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 11:09 am
I feel like if I am awake then if the phone rings its just fine. we wake up at about a quarter to 7 and the phone has rung before at 7ish. I dont mind. I do hate it when I am in bed late for some reason and the phone rings, that makes me cookoo, BUT I also do not have a phone in my bedroom so if it rings and I hear it, I just turn over and see who it was later when I finally get out of bed.

I say the lattest to call someone should be around 10. if you know that it is ok to call later than that, then do so, but 10 was always what I was told was ok.

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 11:36 am
For Israel, 10am is the middle of the day. I would certainly call (or expect to be called) from 8am, but people sometimes call from 7am.

At night I would call anyone till about 9.30-10pm and chareidim I would call till 10.30 (chareidim tend to keep later hours), and on summer motzai Shabbatot even later.

same for me!!
10am I'm pretty much gone,or too busy doing something to deal w/the phone call.
I'm up by 6:30and downstairs by 8

peach

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 5:39 pm
I don't know about Israeli timing, as I live in America. But most people here work and many of them are out of the house by 8am or earlier. If someone calls me after 8, I will have left for work already. And that is the case with many people here.

mom7270

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 5:44 pm
I hate it when people call me after 10 even though I am always awake- its just a matter of sensitivity in my opinion

Marion

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:43 am
peach wrote:
I don't know about Israeli timing, as I live in America. But most people here work and many of them are out of the house by 8am or earlier. If someone calls me after 8, I will have left for work already. And that is the case with many people here.

Well, unless you're going to call me on my cell phone, don't bother. I'm out of the house on the 6:40 bus (yes, with one of my children), and don't get home until at least 5. Then it's dinner and bath and bed. You can reach me until 10. You figure out when to call!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette