Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Rude person imo- what do you think
Previous  1  2  3

Tamiri

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:55 am
If she learned anything, it's to keep trying with you.

mama-star

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 2:35 pm
she sounds pushy, and I wouldn;t have agreed to let her come at 6 if you already laid out your 12-4pm parameters.

ny_ima

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 9:57 pm
sounds like ur a bit too stressed breslov,

im with tamiri all the way. she was rooting for herself...
she is not aware of all the trouble u have to go thru to
satisfy ur landlord... she can not relate to your day plan...

maybe suggest to ur landlord that ppl can come see the apartment
ONLY ON SUNDAYS or ONLY b/w 12 and 4. he should be setting up
the appointments, not u. he should be dealing with the phone calls etc.
u r doing HIM a favor so its on YOUR terms.

have a nice day, chill out, have a glida or whatever theyre serving up
in israel! and RELAX Wink

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:05 pm
Quote:
firstly, she called us at 8:00 am when my husband and I were still sleeping strike one. (see my thread on polite times to call)

If it was 6:00 am I'd understand but 8:00 am doesn't seem unreasonable imo most people are up getting ready for work before that, how was she supposed to know, ?
Also if you have a machine then you could just let her leave her message on it and call back when it is conveniantr for you, thats what I do anyways Wink

micki

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 9:55 am
overreacting.
8 am is a perfectly acceptable time to call.
I think perhaps there are other issues here, like maybe you don't want to leave your apt so you are taking it out on her.

she is not being pushy or rude, just want to have her needs met to the best of your ability.
there is no way for her to know yor babies or even your sleeping schedule.

smile show her the apt it'll only take a minute, no ned to think it will wreck your whole day for a few min!

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 10:24 am
Tefila wrote:
Quote:
firstly, she called us at 8:00 am when my husband and I were still sleeping strike one. (see my thread on polite times to call)

If it was 6:00 am I'd understand but 8:00 am doesn't seem unreasonable imo most people are up getting ready for work before that, how was she supposed to know, ?
Also if you have a machine then you could just let her leave her message on it and call back when it is conveniantr for you, thats what I do anyways Wink

im with Tefila... I dont think 8 am is too early... I think you are just very stressed out right now... hope you have a better week next week! have a good shabbos!

Raizle

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 7:38 pm
Tefila wrote:
Quote:

I dunno...if people are up at 8:00 am because they have to get up and get busy then doesn't sound like a great time to call.
I know when I've had to call people at that time I've always been reluctant and apologetic saying "I know its a crazy hour but..."

I usually try to think about the person I'm calling, and their lifestyle before I call them. For example if its a family with children I don't like to call during bed time hours

McMommy

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:34 pm
8 am is a TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE time to call a stranger. That woman was rude. I don't care what nationality one is - we are supposed to be considerate! I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I came across it and it brought up some memories.. Stealing someone's sleep is an aveira! People may leave their cell phones on for emergencies and such.. Don't blame the victim..

realeez

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:54 pm
I can so relate to your situation Breslov! We were renting and had to find a new place due to mold. A couple of weeks after giving our notice, dh & I went away and after a couple of days checked our messages to a ton of msgs from a real estate agent thinking I was upset at her since I hadn't returned the first call! Meanwhile, we got back Thursday night and had a whole day of appts booked for Friday (so I had to unpack, do laundry for our stuff and the kids stuff and make shabbos all with little kids at home, plus I couldn't dry hanging laundry b/c of the stench in the bsmt or let kids down there so all the toys plus laundry were on the main level). The worst was how people just stand around shmoozing in your master bedroom for like 15-20 mins! That's just so wrong!

the whole thing is such an invasion of privacy. I hear from ppl who themselves are selling how uncomfortable it can be and when you aren't the owner, it's a million times worse!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette