Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Kitchen towels- storing
1  2  Next

Seraph

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:17 am
Where, and in what, do you store your kitchen towels? We were keeping them in our linen closet, but then it ended up being a balagan and I could never find them there, so I moved them to a basket in the kitchen. My husband thinks its nuts. Where do you store yours?

grin

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:29 am
A basket sounds fine to me!
Mine are on a shelf inside the dresser in the dining room, where the benchers, tablecloths, etc are also stored.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 5:36 am
Where do people keep their towels IN the kitchen itself? I keep my towels on a shelf elsewhere, in my son's bedroom wardrobe closet, and bring them out as needed. But in the kitchen, they lie across the back of a chair, and often look messy, dh folds them before putting back on the chair. What do you people hang your towels on?

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:15 am
I stuck mine in one of the kitchen cupboards, I couldn't handle having them anywhere else. I really could use the space for something else as my kitchen is tiny.. but I just squished them in and thats all.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:19 am
I store mine in the linen closet and I've tried using a sticky hook to hook them up to (the fridge), but they kept on falling down, so the towel in the kitchen is all over the place, but hopefully in the kitchen. I can't stand when pple take it out of the kitchen.

Pizza

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:25 am
I store my kitchen towels in a shallow drawer under the oven (4 piles of 2 each)

WHen they are in use, they are (sometimes tidily) hung over the oven door handle, or (more frequently) strewn across the counter.

I have also hung them from kitchen drawer handles, or bought a plastic thingy for the inside of a pot cabinet, that you can hang them on or smoosh them into (it has a X cut in the plastic that holds the fabric w/o ripping it)

Seraph

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:39 am
my husband put up hooks on the wall to hold towels, but more often than not they were falling off, so my husband semi attached them to the hooks with elastic bands. quite annoying. they arent falling off now but u cant easily take them off purposely either...

Tamiri

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:40 am
TzenaRena wrote:
What do you people hang your towels on?

I have this Tupperware plastick thingy. It's a strip, like a strap. About 12 cm long, total. One side is male, one side is female. You hook the strap over whatever (oven handle, cabinet handle) then press a piece of the towel to the male end and bring the female side over that so the towel is trapped. The female end is tapered so one you have caught the towel, you move the male part, with the towel part on it, down to the narrower end of the female.

Did that make sense?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:49 am
Quote:
I have this Tupperware plastick thingy. It's a strip, like a strap. About 12 cm long, total. One side is male, one side is female. You hook the strap over whatever (oven handle, cabinet handle) then press a piece of the towel to the male end and bring the female side over that so the towel is trapped. The female end is tapered so one you have caught the towel, you move the male part, with the towel part on it, down to the narrower end of the female.

Did that make sense?
I went to tupperware.com to see what you're talking about (couldn't find it) and now I want everything from tupperware Crying .

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:56 am
I have three kinds of kitchen towels. In active use, about to be in active use, and put away in a cabinet for when categories A and B need replenishing.

Category C, as I said, is in a drawer in the sideboard. Category A, in active use is draped through cabinet handles. One for wiping hands on the handle of the cabinet under the sink. A hand towel on one of those thingys with a clip and a rope hook (get them in Golf and Co in a set of six for a few shekel) and hooked on a paste on plastic hook on the side of the fridge, another one on another plastic hook next to it, for "emergencies" when you need a dry clean towel. Then I have seven or eight of different sizes piled on top of the toaster over which is always with its cloth cover on unless being used. They are used to dry dishes or when anything from category A goes into the hamper.

Before pesach everything is dumped into the washing machine, and instead of being on top of the toaster oven which is put away for pesach, they are just on the counter where the toaster oven would be. Handy and there.

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:58 am
is it like a dispenser????
btw
I have them in a drawer in the kitchen,when I am done w/it I drap it on the oven door or if dirty,I have a basket near the sink that I dump it in until I go upstairs.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:59 am
yo'ma wrote:
Quote:

Did that make sense?
I went to tupperware.com to see what you're talking about (couldn't find it) and now I want everything from tupperware Crying .

I used to sell Tupperware and this was one of the "give-aways" that I had to buy to give the party ladies.
Customers can't get it for themselves and I don't know if they still have it.

mommy24

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 7:25 am
ours always end up on the floor, the kids take them down when they wash and then they are trampled on BUT what I do have is a metal keyholder hanging on the wall and somehow we started using it for towels. It has a bunch of hooks for hanging the towels, and its hanging on a nail so won't be pulled down by the weight of teh towel.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:37 am
Breslov, I took zipper bags and put things in them, b/c our linen closet also tends to become chaotic. you can use a shopping bag, too. anyting to keep them separate.

it doesn't have to be see-through. and then you can pile bags on top of each other.

mom7270

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:39 am
I have a cabinet in the kitchen for them, but if you have a cabinet under your sink maybe thats a good place??

shoy18

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:42 am
I keep them in a drawer in the kitchen, but as mom7270 said why not keep them in a basket under the sink.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:50 am
a basket takes up a lot of room. if it gets wet it'll be ruined.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:25 am
Clean kitchen towels are in a drawer in the kitchen.

The cabinet under the sink has two hooks to hang towels.

red sea

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:42 pm
in the kitchen cabinet

Esther23

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:49 pm
I keep the extra ones in the towel / linen closet, but for the ones I keep in the kitchen, I have the best thing. It's basically three rods (really thin sticks) attached to a base and each rod swivels in and out. You screw the base into the inner part of the cabinet door (I use the one under the sink), drape the towels over the rods and press the rods flat against the door when it's closed and when you open it you can pull out the rod. It's really great cause the towels are not hanging all over the kitchen, yet they're right there for when you need them and they don't fall off unlike hooks and stick- in towel thingies. I bought them in a hardware store, I tried finding a picture for you online but I can't seem to find it.
The following link is the closest to what I'm talking about but mine is attaced to the door and folds against the door as opposed to being under the sink.
http://www.homedepot.com/webap.....02136
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics