Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job search websites

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 4:36 pm
anon cause I dont need ne one knowing dh is looking. looooooooooong story.
Rolling Eyes
tia

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 5:18 pm
as crazy as it sounds, try craigslist! my husband was offered a job at a finance firm thru there (didnt take it but went for the interview,w asnt exactly what he wantd to be doing)
like newyork.craiglist.org or whatever, and then there is a section for jobs offered or something.

depends on the industry though also. if its something in medicine like dr nurse, ot, pt, etc, you might do well just looking at hospital websites and going to "human resources" they post jobs

finance - go to websites of companies like goldman sachs, lehman bros, bear sterns, (that is kindof intended to be a joke) etc, and they also have HR postings of jobs, you can submit a resume online, etc

accting - same thing - deloitte, PwC, etc, all have websites, you can look thru jobs online

same with marketing, consulting, whatever industry it is.

and even like if youre looking for a not "professional" job - ie a bookkeeper or secretary but want to work in a firm, not a dinky basement office (say because you want benefits), they will have a listing for a "senior analyst" right after a listing for "senior administrative assistant"- theyre just in alphabetical order....so you can find whatever youre looking for

good luck, we just went thru this....husbands first job....

Maya

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 5:20 pm
Great suggestions, amother above me. OP, how about trying a site like Monster.com?

bpgirl

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 1:25 am
try luach.com

great website

jba

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 1:45 pm
jewishjobs.com (you can also sign up for a weekly e-mail)
if he or you is an alum of YU/Stern you can ask for the access to Shar Avodah - YU's job site
parnossahworks.org - run in coordination with the O-U

good luck

amother

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 1:53 pm
Search yahoo group: ncyijobs.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 2:00 pm
to the OP: generally, what type of work?

I have friends who have gotten/are trying to get into civil service bc it's good job security, benefits, pension, and they have to give you shabbos/yom tov off. Also, it's possible to with your foot in the door, to get on the job training and by doing that, working, and taking more civil service exams, you can really get management positions without having to go to college. A baal habayis told us this shabbos that he has cowokers who came out of high school (no college) and within 5 yrs had gone from making ~$24k (grade 6) to $60k (maybe grade 18?).

In the state of NY, most state civil service positions are in NYC or Albany.

The only down side is a)the entry pay isn't great and b)it's not a quick thing to get a job offer (those I know said it took them about 1 yr from when they took the exam).

There's other ideas if OPs dh has specific trainging/education/background. Then, things like monster.com, careerbuilder.com are very useful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics