Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing snoods

smile

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 4:43 am
How do you wash your snoods?

Last edited by smile on Mon, Apr 14 2008, 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Newsie

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 5:45 am
I am not sure what material yours is, but I just put mine in the washing machine and let it air dry.

smile

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 6:14 am
sorry I meant snoods and not tichel. so edited it.

Newsie

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 6:15 am
I do the same with snoods

smiley:)

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 6:16 am
Problem is that the snood shrinks.
I hear some ppl handwash it.
I put it in the washing machine, and hang it on the clips of a skirt hanger to air dry (and hopefully stretch a bit). I also try to stretch it as it is drying.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 8:11 am
smiley:) wrote:
Problem is that the snood shrinks.
I hear some ppl handwash it.
I put it in the washing machine, and hang it on the clips of a skirt hanger to air dry (and hopefully stretch a bit). I also try to stretch it as it is drying.

Handwashing won't make it not shrink, hot water will make it shrink. The only way it could shrink is if it was 100% natural fibers, which they're not made out of usually. When it gets tighter, it doesn't mean that it shrunk, more likely the lycra got tighter or something like that. You can't unshrink something that shrunk, but you could stretch knit back in place most of the time. The part that "shrinks" is the lycra and it's not the same thing as something woven shrinking.
I wash mine and hang dry in cold water because my machine doesn't even make hot water.

Pizza

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:29 am
I didnt even know you could wash them!
I just washed mine for the first time last week, and its great
it looks new, and I felt like such a brilliant person - now youre telling me everyone does it?
Question
oh well... embarrassed

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:46 am
I'd be happy if some of mine would shrink, they tend to stretch!

the lady in the robe store said she takes hers into the shower with her and washes it that way. I don't, a couple times a year I wash all mine in the washing machine with my other clothes, and air dry.

glittery ones, I wash separately - by hand.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 9:22 pm
am I the only one who puts mine in the dryer? I LOVE that freshly dried snood feeling. That's when it fits the best.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:15 am
oh - I forgot to tell you- to turn them inside out when you wash them. pretreat if necessary, where you put your fingers to adjust it. you'll see what I mean on the light colored one.

I wash mine a few times a year, and if they aren't turnd right side back again, I know I didn't wears it and so I don't wash it with the others.

mom7270

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:16 am
I dry my snoods but I wish they would shrink more.. also I wear the chenille ones and you have to be careful because they can rip in the wash, I put them in a lingerie bag

smile

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:18 am
they do become loose by me.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 11:48 am
Ooops, I see now that this was first posted in 2008. Just came across it now. My snoods always stretch with time. I was wondering if the above responses have changed since it was first posted. Any new tips I should know? TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry