Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Self cleaning oven

rachie

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 12:47 pm
If you are self cleaning an oven for pesach, do you have to wait a certain amount oftime from the time you last used it?

Bzgirl

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 1:11 pm
I dont think so, I just did mine last night. It works 4 hours straight, so I don't see how using it right before would make a difference. I dont know why, but somehow it gives off a certain smell, The whole house smelled, and I opened all the windows. had I known, maybe I would clean it myself.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 1:15 pm
Bzgirl wrote:
I dont think so, I just did mine last night. It works 4 hours straight, so I don't see how using it right before would make a difference. I dont know why, but somehow it gives off a certain smell, The whole house smelled, and I opened all the windows. had I known, maybe I would clean it myself.
We did ours last night. We opened the window in the kitchen and closed the kitchen door. By the time I went in this morning, there was no funny smell. He'd scrubbed the oven and the racks last night, so I imagine there wasn't that much to burn off.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 1:49 pm
the rov said in his pesach shiur that that kind of kashering doesn't require any waiting beforehand.

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 2:07 pm
My husband's rav said I don't have to wait b/f self cleaning.
However, my father (who is a rav) holds that you should not use oven for 24 hours b/f self cleaning. I do know that my father tends to be machmir with hilchos kashrus. I waited 24 hours anyway (I know, I know, I'm supposed to listen to husband's rav-but I grew up with this-and as far as I am concerned, I'm the one who is in charge of kashrus in my house). If you didn't wait b/f self cleaning, I'm pretty sure it's fine. But ask a rav. You should always ask your rav.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 2:14 pm
do you have to run the full cycle?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen