Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Get ready for Pesach 2009
1  2  Next

mugsisme

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:09 pm
Don't forget as you are putting things away to make notes of what needs to be replaced, and what you have too much of. Every year I make a list of what to buy, thinking I will buy one thing a month so I don't have a huge shopping list. Of course, this year I forgot to print it until Rosh Chodesh Nissan. Needless to say, my list was huge.

Anyway, just wanted to share that tip with anyone who may be around now or later.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:26 pm
yes, I made a list already of what to buy, what not to buy,e tc for next year... people, it's going to be a toughie IYH, with friday being isru chag next year!!! argh!!!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:28 pm
I know, but I'm loathe to write during chol hamoed, and after yomtov, I forget ... we don't need so muc, bh.

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:52 pm
B"h I am all ready LOL

Tamiri

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 9:42 am
okay, so everyone can start stressing now:
ערב פסח יום רביעי 8באפריל
חג פסח יום חמישי 9באפריל
שביעי של פסח יום רביעי 15 באפריל

In Israel: Seder night is Wed. followed by one day yom tov, then Friday, Shabbat, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to enjoy Chol Hamoed.
Shvii shel Pesach Wed., Issru Chag Thurs and then a regular Friday and Shabbat.
In chu"l, Thurs and Friday will be the first days and then Shabbat (oy). Sunday Monday Tues enjoy Chol HaMoed and then
Shvii and Shmini Wed and Thurs with Friday being issru and again Shabbat.

Now is your chance to consider moving to Israel to avoid another three day Yom Tov and to have a breather issru chag PLUS a Friday Very Happy

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 9:46 am
Is it my eyes playing tricks or do I see Americans posting on second day yomtov? Can someone explain this to me?

mimivan

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 10:05 am
Yes chossidmom...your eyes are playing tricks on you,...until you read the top part of Cms and tefila's posts that say "Friday" and Tamiri is here in E.Y!....

hila

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 10:06 am
I think it was friday before chag . (in the US)

IE Shabbat our time at 2am is 7pm friday in the US east coast.

Relax.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 10:31 am
something must be funny with my computer. The posts by the Americans are all labeled "yesterday 1 am etc.". Isn't yesterday Motzei Shabbos?

Maybe my clock is off by a day!!!! I didn't really think Mamabear was posting on Shabbos shock

shalhevet

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 10:40 am
ChossidMom wrote:
something must be funny with my computer. The posts by the Americans are all labeled "yesterday 1 am etc.". Isn't yesterday Motzei Shabbos?

Maybe my clock is off by a day!!!! I didn't really think Mamabear was posting on Shabbos shock

Today is Sunday. So yesterday was Saturday. Yesterday at 2 am means Fri night/ Saturday at 2 in the morning for us. Take off 7 or 8 hours and that means 6 or 7 pm on Friday our time, when I presume it wasn't yet Shabbos in the US.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 11:22 am
I think my brain needs rewiring. Rolling Eyes

I thought yesterday at 1:00 was 18 hours ago. But clearly, NOT.

Thanks for setting me straight. LOL

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 11:27 am
By the way, getting back to the original topic - it's a great idea and I even made a list this morning.

Now the trick is to put it where I'll find it next year. embarrassed

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 4:22 pm
Chossid mom I'm with you, I thought my brain had fried when I saw "yesterday" for the Americans.

Yes, we are lucky in EY that we have a shorter chag and more enjoyable (because we are HERE!)

Starhavah

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:01 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Now the trick is to put it where I'll find it next year. embarrassed

I tape it to the outside of one of the boxes so as I pull them out of storage the list is right on top.

Star Havah

GAMZu

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:04 am
I have a whole notebook- where I make a chart of all the products we bought and how much, how much we used, what we forgot, etc...

Like this year, I will write: Do NOT buy bulk pears, bananas and squash a week in advance. Most of the box will spoil before yom tov, and the rest, during. Rolling Eyes

I keep it where I keep my pesach boxes, but out in the open so I can just pull it out. (A notebook is also easier to locate than a list.)

We also put a list of shailos there with their answers (like I forget year to year if we eat cheese on pesach... we do.)

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:14 am
okay now - a bit early for me ... about 50 weeks ... What

newmom

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:25 am
I make a list of the recipes that came out good (which cook book and what page #) and tape it to the inside of one of the pesach cabinets. That way
I don't have to try 3 different chocolate cake recipes before finding the one we liked the previous year.

cindy324

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:40 am
Quote:
In chu"l, Thurs and Friday will be the first days and then Shabbat (oy). Sunday Monday Tues enjoy Chol HaMoed and then

Pale You're killing me...Now my year is ruined! I hate 3 day yom tovim, and I hate even more to have to cook on yom tov for shabbos Mad

hila

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 1:27 am
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:

Pale You're killing me...Now my year is ruined! I hate 3 day yom tovim, and I hate even more to have to cook on yom tov for shabbos Mad

Simple answer - move here FAST Smile LOL

su7kids

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 3:59 am
My husband keeps a list of how much we bought, how many people were here, and how much is left over. Saves it on his computer and a week or two before Pesach he pulls it up and goes shopping a day or two before Pesach.

We went through 45 dozen eggs!! Yikes, and 50 lbs of onions! Yikety Yikes, and 100 lbs of potatoes, to name a few!!

Hardly used any carrots for some reason.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics