Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Hits and Misses
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

sky

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Sky, can I ask which potato kneidel was a hit?

Leibers mix. Everyone loved it. They were white and fluffy and tasted good.

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:40 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Recipe?

Start about an hour before candle lighting. Put a little oil in crockpot. Add vegetables - I put in a couple of peeled and quartered potatoes, carrot, sweet potato, and parsnip. Water to cover. Wash whole chicken and rub inside and out with spices you like- I did a paste of garlic powder and paprika mixed with a bit of water. Put chicken on top of veggies. Put pot on high. Just before lighting, turn pot to low and prepare it for Shabbos.

That's it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 9:25 pm
sky wrote:
Leibers mix. Everyone loved it. They were white and fluffy and tasted good.
Thanks, good to know.

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 12:33 am
Bump

Hits: Both our Keurig and our smoker were pronounced kasherable. Smoked brisket, yum.

Sauce I made up for salmon (sauteed onions, mayo, bbq sauce, apricot jam) turned out well.

Chocolate mousse served with the German nut cake recipe I posted, and strawberries were a big hit.

Misses: Didn't plan properly for one seder, and guests showed up an hour later than we planned.

Note to self. Do whatever it takes; give up chocolate, don't do annual mani, whatever, to sav enough to hire dishwashng help so that naps can be planned for myself. Martyrdm is dumb.

Pesach rolls bake at 400. Brownies at 350. Don't confuse the two.

Last edited by imasinger on Sun, Apr 12 2015, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

cbsmommy

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 12:41 am
Hits: Mousse, bas hinda cake, orange sponge cake, OOTbubbe's doughless knishes, carrot kugel souffle, vegetable kugel, and all of the meat/chicken recipes that I made that are too numerous to list

Miss: Pineapple kugel - it was VERY strange.
Angel food cake. Total flop.

Aetrsnrady

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 1:19 am
Major hit:
I made ra_mom's Easy Oven Farfel using Blanchard Original Couscous. Amazing! Thanks ra_mom!!
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....83944

Aetrsnrady

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 1:25 am
Another hit:
realeez's Pesach Chulent. In addition to the shredded potatoes, I added larger pieces of potato like I do during the year. I made it on Yom Tov, grated by hand.

Miss:
Overestimating how much chicken we would eat.

mommydiaries

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:00 am
I bought those cheap plastic Tupperware-type containers so I didn't have to clean them after Pessach (I'll just use them during the year and buy new ones next year)

Also I thought of this too late but for next year I want to buy the shehakol crackers to send with hubby on sukkos

lifesagift

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 2:22 am
Sauted onion n squeezed lemon. Meat cooked with Fresh mango n tomato juice, awesome flavor everyone loved.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 7:06 am
imasinger wrote:
Bump

Hits: Both our Keurig and our smoker were pronounced kasherable. Smoked brisket, yum.

Sauce I made up for salmon (sauteed onions, mayo, bbq sauce, apricot jam) turned out well.

Chocolate mousse served with the German nut cake recipe I posted, and strawberries were a big hit.

Misses: Didn't plan properly for one seder, and guests showed up an hour later than we planned.

Note to self. Do whatever it takes; give up chocolate, don't do annual mani, whatever, to sav enough to hire dishwashng help so that naps can be planned for myself. Martyrdm is dumb.

Pesach rolls bake at 400. Brownies at 350. Don't confuse the two.

Which pesach rolls bake at 400?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:45 am
While I didn't make Pesach myself, I was involved by my DIL and DD. Biggest hit is the chocolate cake with vinegar hands down.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 10:59 am
The chocolate chip cookies I got from imamother - it's on the best Pesach cc cookies, has pudding in it. The kids called them chametz cookies ;-)

CatLady

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:06 am
The CC cookies with pudding were a hit, to the extent that I was asked to make this my go-to recipe year-round!

etky

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:32 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The chocolate chip cookies I got from imamother - it's on the best Pesach cc cookies, has pudding in it. The kids called them chametz cookies ;-)

Yup - I wrote in my notes for next year to be sure to make them again. They were a big hit.
I also tried the blondie cake and though they were too gooey for my taste everyone else loved them.
I made a note to bake them in a pan larger than a 9 x 13 b/c the batter overflowed. I find that happens a lot when I bake with potato starch only Confused
I also tried a Pesach "mac 'n cheese" recipe with matzo farfel that I found online. It was delicious and I will definitely be making that again be"h when I need to make dairy.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 3:28 pm
ra_mom's recipe (kugel) in this http://www.imamother.com/forum.....82278

It was INCREDIBLE. INCREDIBLE. My husband told me we have to do it every Pessach. The kids looooooooooooooooooved it. Same for me. The baby tried to eat her plate after there was no more kigel. Today my todler asked for a "kugel ice cream". That's how good it was.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 3:36 pm
The goodies of previous years were hits once again BH. I made a lot of the same beloved dishes.

New hit: bought paskesz crispit flatbread crackers.

New miss: bought klein's sorbet. Blech.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 3:41 pm
Ruchel wrote:
ra_mom's recipe (kugel) in this http://www.imamother.com/forum.....82278

It was INCREDIBLE. INCREDIBLE. My husband told me we have to do it every Pessach. The kids looooooooooooooooooved it. Same for me. The baby tried to eat her plate after there was no more kigel. Today my todler asked for a "kugel ice cream". That's how good it was.

So glad to hear!

I believe it's from the L.A. Times.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 5:02 pm
Notes for next year:
Osem matzo meal was great
Geula matzo cake meal went straight into the garbage after it ruined the first recipe with its burned matzo taste
Manishewitz cake mixes were awesome
Matzo lasagna was delicious but too wet, consider not soaking bottom two layers of matzo or using a drier curd cheese or a thicker tomato sauce (store bought pesach marinara is more runny than traditional marinara)
Family enjoys crispy matzo pizza better than soaked as well
Matzo rolls were fun to eat with burgers and all the fixings
Gefen mayo and ketchup are better and worthwhile to buy over whatever is on sale
2 1/2 containers of paskesz croutons were enough
1 bag regular color quinoa enough

shanie5

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 5:14 pm
Those cookies with the pudding didnt work for me. The batter was too crumbly to shape into cookies so I pressed the batter into a 9x13 pan and baked that way. Delicious. Gonna try again next year as cookies.

I decided not to wet the matzoh for my matzoh lasagna and it came out great. One step saved for future!

Imitation soy sauce is ok for my teriyake salmon recipe. The rst of the imitation stuff-don't bother with. And the mustard....never again.

cbsmommy

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 7:51 pm
I looked but I must have missed it: where is that pudding cookie recipe?
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics