Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Clean up at fast food?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:44 pm
At a sit down eatery where there is no waiter service (eg. pizza place), do you clean up after yourself? Throwing out the garbage and putting the tray away.
My sister told me that she doesn't because she's going out and doesn't want to clean. I do and I was so surprised that she doens't because she's nicer and more considerate than me Smile .

Mimisinger

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:46 pm
Of course I do and I HATE when people don't.

cassandra

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:46 pm
Always.

louche

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:54 pm
Of course. That's why they have those big garbage cans right there.

louche

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:55 pm
yo'ma wrote:
she's nicer and more considerate than me Smile .

apparently not.

mommalah

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 2:00 pm
Although it's probably okay by the establishment not to, I always do. It just seems weird not to and it's also important for the kids to learn that we clean up when we are finished eating.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 2:22 pm
louche wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
she's nicer and more considerate than me Smile .

apparently not.

One little thing doesn't take everything else that she does away.

AGINY

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 2:44 pm
Always, and it gets me so upset when people don't. Besides for being a mentch for your own sake, what message are you sending your children if you eat, make a mess and walk away?

RachelB

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 3:16 pm
I do, of course. I also make my kids shlep a candy wrapper around until we find a garbage can LOL

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 3:59 pm
if someone wants to be taken care of, they should go to a sit down restaurant. take out places don't have the staff to clean up after evryone.

and it's YUCK to sit with someone else's garbage !

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:11 pm
Of course I do. I always throw my food remnants out and put the tray on top of the garbage can. I dont wipe down the table, but I do throw my food away!

Mommish

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:15 pm
That's disgusting. Plus most of those places are pretty busy and often another customer will end up cleaning up your garbage because they want a table. Its just plain rude.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:31 pm
I think that it's a new york mentality not to ... not sure why but you would never see that out of town ... how much effort does it take to grab your own garbage and get rid of it ...

Rutabaga

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:47 pm
greenfire wrote:
I think that it's a new york mentality not to ... not sure why but you would never see that out of town ... how much effort does it take to grab your own garbage and get rid of it ...

As a New Yorker, I kind of resent that comment. I always clean up after myself and I see most people around me do the same. Maybe it depends where in NY you are. My experiences are mainly in Queens and Long Island.

Tehilla

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:54 pm
we always clean up.

Love My Babes

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 5:52 pm
newima, perhaps in your location ppl are not so New Yorkish! I know that I cant stand that mentality but I know there are ppl all around me who fall under that category, now that I live in brooklyn!!

greenfire

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:00 pm
newima wrote:
greenfire wrote:

As a New Yorker, I kind of resent that comment. I always clean up after myself and I see most people around me do the same. Maybe it depends where in NY you are. My experiences are mainly in Queens and Long Island.

you could be as offended as you want ... but then again I am from brooklyn - so fogedaboudit - I know what I'm talking about ... and I did not say everybody does it - but you certainly won't see it out of that area - unless of course the newyorkers are visiting Twisted Evil

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:26 pm
New Yorkers, Brooklyners????
I see people here do it ALL the time. That's why I even started this b/c I just came back from a place and NO ONE (or at least that I noticed) cleaned up after themselves.

lamplighter

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:28 pm
I always clean up after myself but I do notice that not everyone does!

ss321

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:30 pm
newima wrote:
greenfire wrote:

as another native NYer I also resent it. I really disagree. We go to KD all the time and would never just leave stuff on the table. Do I wipe it down and disinfect it? No. If I spilled ketchup would I wipe that? for sure. I think with all the fast food joints in NY, its definitely NOT a NY mentality to leave stuff laying around. Rarely do I go into amnons, j2, kd, kosher express, whatever, and see tables full of garbage. sometimes people leave, but the majority DO NOT.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette